Does anyone want to buy a mountain bike?

22 replies
22 Comments

Original Poster

https://pics.onsizzle.com/sat-09-24-2016-bike-still-for-sale-8-45-am-yes-it-4109036.png

Does it come with all the accessories like.. a mountain?

If it's a mountain bike, shouldn't he be asking how high will it go?

Whats the RPM at 2mph?

Original Poster

J4GG4

Whats the RPM at 2mph?

This is the method i use, can't be bothered to work it out for you.

RPM with one-step arithmetic.

Step 1
Measure the radius of the wheel that receives power from the pedals. Radius is measured from the center of the wheel to its outside edge.

Step 2
Multiply the radius of the wheel by 6.28 to calculate the circumference of the wheel. This is the distance your bike covers in one revolution.

Step 3
Divide 1056 by the circumference of the wheel. The quotient is your bike's conversion factor for moving directly between MPH and RPM.

Step 4
Convert MPH into RPM by multiplying any MPH reading and the conversion factor. Inversely, MPH is the quotient of RPM divided by the conversion factor

OldEnglish

This is the method i use, can't be bothered to work it out for you. :pRPM … This is the method i use, can't be bothered to work it out for you. :pRPM with one-step arithmetic.Step 1Measure the radius of the wheel that receives power from the pedals. Radius is measured from the center of the wheel to its outside edge.Step 2Multiply the radius of the wheel by 6.28 to calculate the circumference of the wheel. This is the distance your bike covers in one revolution.Step 3Divide 1056 by the circumference of the wheel. The quotient is your bike's conversion factor for moving directly between MPH and RPM.Step 4Convert MPH into RPM by multiplying any MPH reading and the conversion factor. Inversely, MPH is the quotient of RPM divided by the conversion factor

Yeah, that's the way I always do it. Remember it from primary school.

OldEnglish

This is the method i use, can't be bothered to work it out for you. :pRPM … This is the method i use, can't be bothered to work it out for you. :pRPM with one-step arithmetic.Step 1Measure the radius of the wheel that receives power from the pedals. Radius is measured from the center of the wheel to its outside edge.Step 2Multiply the radius of the wheel by 6.28 to calculate the circumference of the wheel. This is the distance your bike covers in one revolution.Step 3Divide 1056 by the circumference of the wheel. The quotient is your bike's conversion factor for moving directly between MPH and RPM.Step 4Convert MPH into RPM by multiplying any MPH reading and the conversion factor. Inversely, MPH is the quotient of RPM divided by the conversion factor

Original Poster

deeky

Yes i know ,some people want you to do everything for them. Sometimes all it needs is a bit of encouragement. X)

Banned

Tell us again deeky.

MrScotchBonnet

Tell us again deeky.

Jeeze.....

RPM with one-step arithmetic.

Step 1
Measure the radius of the wheel that receives power from the pedals. Radius is measured from the center of the wheel to its outside edge.

Step 2
Multiply the radius of the wheel by 6.28 to calculate the circumference of the wheel. This is the distance your bike covers in one revolution.

Step 3
Divide 1056 by the circumference of the wheel. The quotient is your bike's conversion factor for moving directly between MPH and RPM.

Step 4
Convert MPH into RPM by multiplying any MPH reading and the conversion factor. Inversely, MPH is the quotient of RPM divided by the conversion factor.

I'm not repeating it again so pay attention.

Banned

deeky

Jeeze.....RPM with one-step arithmetic.Step 1Measure the radius of the … Jeeze.....RPM with one-step arithmetic.Step 1Measure the radius of the wheel that receives power from the pedals. Radius is measured from the center of the wheel to its outside edge.Step 2Multiply the radius of the wheel by 6.28 to calculate the circumference of the wheel. This is the distance your bike covers in one revolution.Step 3Divide 1056 by the circumference of the wheel. The quotient is your bike's conversion factor for moving directly between MPH and RPM.Step 4Convert MPH into RPM by multiplying any MPH reading and the conversion factor. Inversely, MPH is the quotient of RPM divided by the conversion factor.I'm not repeating it again so pay attention.

You wise old Owl.

deeky

Jeeze.....RPM with one-step arithmetic.Step 1Measure the radius of the … Jeeze.....RPM with one-step arithmetic.Step 1Measure the radius of the wheel that receives power from the pedals. Radius is measured from the center of the wheel to its outside edge.Step 2Multiply the radius of the wheel by 6.28 to calculate the circumference of the wheel. This is the distance your bike covers in one revolution.Step 3Divide 1056 by the circumference of the wheel. The quotient is your bike's conversion factor for moving directly between MPH and RPM.Step 4Convert MPH into RPM by multiplying any MPH reading and the conversion factor. Inversely, MPH is the quotient of RPM divided by the conversion factor.I'm not repeating it again so pay attention.

What you say?

Original Poster

deeky

I know why you haven't shut them up & told 'em the answer. I didn't tell you the wheel size?

Schoolboy error on my part deeky. Sorry.

Rear wheel size is 26". Please show your workings out.
Edited by: "OldEnglish" 29th Sep 2016

deeky

Was the wheel invented before you were at primary school?

A very wise lady once said to me you can't have to many bikes
and while I already have five.....
https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/3899/6350/original.gif

thewongwing101

A very wise lady once said to me you can't have to many bikes

Uh-huh.

fanpages

Uh-huh.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/i_could_care_less.png

thewongwing101

A very wise lady once said to me you can't have to many bikesand while I … A very wise lady once said to me you can't have to many bikesand while I already have five.....

I have been holding off telling you Wongy, I dont knwo why, maybe im a little disappointed in myself, but ive come to the conclusion that cycling isnt really for me but its made me realise anyone who does cycle now has a fair bit of respect from me, it isnt easy.

OldEnglish

I know why you haven't shut them up & told 'em the answer. I didn't tell … I know why you haven't shut them up & told 'em the answer. I didn't tell you the wheel size?Schoolboy error on my part deeky. Sorry. :(Rear wheel size is 26". Please show your workings out.

25.85 RPM

Cba showing workings out. Suffice to say, it didn't work itself out

haritori

I have been holding off telling you Wongy, I dont knwo why, maybe im a … I have been holding off telling you Wongy, I dont knwo why, maybe im a little disappointed in myself, but ive come to the conclusion that cycling isnt really for me but its made me realise anyone who does cycle now has a fair bit of respect from me, it isnt easy.

It is such a cliché that you never forget but it is also true that the more you do your legs seem to remember
one week one season to the next
so keep at it I say(nods)

O its not a permiscuas man from wales?

Original Poster

deeky

25.85 RPMCba showing workings out. Suffice to say, it didn't work itself … 25.85 RPMCba showing workings out. Suffice to say, it didn't work itself out

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ac0fb97f9e3eec8a965748c8ec6eda3f/tumblr_mo7lqwlfKK1s8hnhko1_500.gif
https://www.superstickers.com/Image/900/0/PNG/M-FS-S-FS-MS1545_1.jpeg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    2. Whey protien629
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68

See more discussions