Does anyone's local GAME still price match?

Found 25th Apr 2017
My local GAME still price matched CEX after the new policy was being trialled in certain stores, but after visiting them two weeks ago they seem to have completely stopped and now only use their own prices. Curious if anyone is lucky enough to still have their local price match or if it's now completely nationwide. As a side note I have traded in around 40 games since then and GAME paid more money for one of them, the same for two and way less for the rest, the new prices really suck
Community Updates
AskPrice Glitch
15 Comments
I know the Game in Wakefield still pricematch. i used it towards Persona 5 on release day. Grainger Games also pricematch though their trade-ins are on par with CEX usually anyway.
cheshire oaks game dont anymore
Mine doesn't. Hopefully it'll close down soon.
It'll likely be getting faded out slowly, or end up as down to manager discretion. Not too sure how they plan on riding that out, I tried the other day in the Liverpool one and walked out because the trade in prices were a joke. Doesn't help that their online trade in price-checker thing is conveniently gone. CeX beat them on virtually everything anyway, same with Graingers and most people are starting to notice that.
Far as I know all the local ones here don't price match but they said they will be just adjusting the prices over time to start matching the lowest retail.
bagelsaurus

It'll likely be getting faded out slowly, or end up as down to manager … It'll likely be getting faded out slowly, or end up as down to manager discretion. Not too sure how they plan on riding that out, I tried the other day in the Liverpool one and walked out because the trade in prices were a joke. Doesn't help that their online trade in price-checker thing is conveniently gone. CeX beat them on virtually everything anyway, same with Graingers and most people are starting to notice that.

I've conveniently found the online price checker for you
INDUSTRYHATER

I've conveniently found the online price checker for you

Well that's my Anti-GAME conspiracy laid to rest, I must have just had their old link or something.
bagelsaurus

Well that's my Anti-GAME conspiracy laid to rest, I must have just had … Well that's my Anti-GAME conspiracy laid to rest, I must have just had their old link or something.

I've heard they are 're-assessing' there trade in policy, if I'm honest I've only ever used them when buying consoles and I always trade in and get them to price match with CEX. I traded a game in at grainier at the weekend and they had no problem price matching cex, the manager did add they can sometimes struggle to price match CEX consoles though.
Their 'official' position is that they don't price-match at all any longer - if any local stores are in fact still doing so, you're very lucky!
Illusionary

Their 'official' position is that they don't price-match at all any … Their 'official' position is that they don't price-match at all any longer - if any local stores are in fact still doing so, you're very lucky!

How is that their official position?

The website clearly states

"GAME won't be beaten on Trade-Ins, and you can be sure you'll always get the best deal with us.

We will honour our Trade-In Price Promise to match the trade-in price of other high street competitors. These competitors must be within a 1 mile radius of your GAME store, and the price valid within a 24 hour period. And if you actually find a better deal with another retailer, we'll beat that by £1!"
game.co.uk/web…rue

Yes it mentions managers discretion, but it's fairly clear the official position is "we won't be beaten on trade ins".
Not on purchasing but they do on trade ins
AndrewRoss

How is that their official position?The website clearly states "GAME … How is that their official position?The website clearly states "GAME won't be beaten on Trade-Ins, and you can be sure you'll always get the best deal with us.We will honour our Trade-In Price Promise to match the trade-in price of other high street competitors. These competitors must be within a 1 mile radius of your GAME store, and the price valid within a 24 hour period. And if you actually find a better deal with another retailer, we'll beat that by £1!"http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/mHubArticleView?hubId=148256&articleId=148257&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&mobileFlag=trueYes it mentions managers discretion, but it's fairly clear the official position is "we won't be beaten on trade ins".

Because they've neglected to update that statement on their website.

trustedreviews.com/new…ins

If you take a look at their up-to-date trade-in T&Cs, you'll see that all mention of price-matching has been removed: game.co.uk/web…151

Edited by: "Illusionary" 26th Apr 2017
Illusionary

Because they've neglected to update that statement on their … Because they've neglected to update that statement on their website.http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/game-to-no-longer-offer-price-match-on-trade-insIf you take a look at their up-to-date trade-in T&Cs, you'll see that all mention of price-matching has been removed: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=757830&articleId=757831&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151#tab4

It's a bit weird they never update that part of their website, but looking at it there's offers from 2015 there. Closest I can find to an official line on the issue is this, from 4 days ago;
"We are in the middle of reviewing our trade in policy. Price match is not available while this is ongoing I am afraid ^CH"

twitter.com/gam…721
I think its a complete joke that they are scrapping their only redeeming feature, I went into get a collectors edition of Overwatch the other week when it dropped to £60 and I think they offered £26 trade compared to CEX who offered £30 at the time, to me that isn't acceptable if they are offering more comeptitive prices. I still don't understand why their new prices are so bad for games when they have the monopoly of high street stores that sell games, its their speciality. The only time GAME are any good is at christmas when they slash the prices of Sep, Oct and November releases. I don't want the stores to close for the employees benefit but the company needs a shake up.
I don't understand how they expect to have enough stock of preowned products when their trade in prices are so bad!? Most people will just go to their local CEX or Grainger games.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions