Expired

Does anywhere still want pre-recorded videos?

Found 25th Jan 2014
Trying to find a charity shop to donate about 50+ pre recorded videos-been to about 5 today, but no where wants them. Considered taking them to the tip, but they don't recycle hard plastic in Leeds, so would just be dumped in general waste. Any ideas/info appreciated.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Freecycle possibly
Try selling them on eBay ..... Someone will be out there collecting them
If you have an first edition Starwars :A new hope on VHS or Betamax I'll gladly take it off your hands and will take all the other ones to the recycling for you.
As in VHS?

There's not a massive demand for second hand DVDs, not sure who in their right mind would pay money for vhs tapes.

Bin them
Original Poster
GAVINLEWISHUKD

If you have an first edition Starwars :A new hope on VHS or Betamax I'll … If you have an first edition Starwars :A new hope on VHS or Betamax I'll gladly take it off your hands and will take all the other ones to the recycling for you.

Wish I did mate...
Original Poster
sancho1983

As in VHS? There's not a massive demand for second hand DVDs, not sure … As in VHS? There's not a massive demand for second hand DVDs, not sure who in their right mind would pay money for vhs tapes. Bin them

Yes, VHS. I'm not trying to sell them - I'm trying to find them a home, so I don't have to send them to landfill!
Original Poster
goldie3

Try selling them on eBay ..... Someone will be out there collecting them

I really just want to take them to someone who wants them, not have to bother with the hassle of listing them and waiting for a buyer
Original Poster
PeteHerts

Freecycle possibly

I will try this, thanks
You could take them to a charity shop. I think they will be happy to take them from you.
vickywil5

You could take them to a charity shop. I think they will be happy to take … You could take them to a charity shop. I think they will be happy to take them from you.

Vicky I think you should re-read the OP again lol
Oops so sorry, I shouldn't come on here when I am tired
Maybe an old people's home - they like to put on older movies!
Annoying really how much we all spent on videos, they were the same price as current DVD's are, yet for the films we love we have to re buy them again and chuck the old vhs! Better for kids really because they don't get sticky fingers all over videos!
At my local Wilkinson store they have a charity table which has tapes on it. Don't know if a national thing or just high wycombe.
List the item on eBay for 1p; take a picture of all the VHS's and you're set to go!

Takes less than 5mins to post, it’s a good alternative for the time being, if you find somewhere that’ll take it then end the listing. Simples.
YMCA charity shop took my videos , maybe worth phoning if you have one in your area.
Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies - I'm going to ring YMCA in the morning, failing that I'll list on Freecycle/Ebay and/or try a local old folk's home (although I'm not sure old folks will appreciate the complete VHS set of Friends, etc...)
I freecycled a lOad and the person who collected said she would be using them for an art project or something along those lines. Was just glad to get rid.
Edited by: "samwants2save" 27th Jan 2014
Original Poster
I ended up giving the pre recorded vhs tapes to St. Gemma's Hospice, where they sell for 10p each! I'm very pleased that they didn't have to go to landfill
Save evry one the bother of using the vhs and bin them, they will end up in landfill eventually.
For future reference the RSPCA shop turn away very little,grateful for anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants