Does asking for a pac code get you a better deal?

Found 14th Mar 2017
I am currently at the end of my ee contract. I have been offered a Pixel for 40.99 or S7 for 32.99 a month.
If I ask for a pac code do you think I will be offered a better deal?
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Ask for your PAC and find out. There is no obligation to use the PAC, and if you don't use it within 30days of issue nothing changes with your existing arrangement. Maximise your options by being able to quote a better deal via an alternative provider during any negotiation with your existing provider.
the best I've managed today after months of trying as an existing we customer was the s7 for £40 upfront fee and £30.99 a month after for 10gb and unlimited texts and calls x
out of curiosity, what network are we talking about?
Original Poster
I'm with EE.
I went from EE to vodafone due to signal problems and 30% discount from voda. But before I left they offered me 20% discount to stay. Don't take the first offer, 2 days after a PAC code request I received a phonecall from EE team with even better offer. Free phone, more data etc, it's their job to keep you as a customer. BTW s8 is coming out soon so they will try to push s7 out.
My experience is if you want a new phone then the deals offered are pretty useless - nowhere near competitive. You're best off going through with the move, going to a PAYG provider (keeping your number) for a month then getting a new customer EE contract and transferring the number back.

If, however, you can live with your old phone for another 12 months or have deep pockets and can buy a new phone outright then I have found EE will match the best deals around on sim only as long as you sign up for another 12 months. By way of example they are matching all the plusnet deals at the moment and did so for me.
steveyboy79

If, however, you can live with your old phone for another 12 months or … If, however, you can live with your old phone for another 12 months or have deep pockets and can buy a new phone outright then I have found EE will match the best deals around on sim only as long as you sign up for another 12 months. By way of example they are matching all the plusnet deals at the moment and did so for me.

They would. They are the same company.
getmeone

They aren't the same company,plusnet piggyback of their network but they are different companies.
Retentions (the guys that issue PAC's) have slightly more leeway, but the system limits what even they can offer. It's based on your spend over the last 6 months. If you go over your monthly limit and they get more ££ out of you, you'll get a better offer.
If you never pay them more than your plan price you're unlikely to get much. It's a numbers game.
I think it depends on how much you currently pay, including extras... I.e if they think it's more offering you a better deal to keep you.
But there are other factors that I'm not aware of - I don't know if they try and retain customers at a certain time of month for e.g

I got a better deal when I told them another company had a deal for £10/month, they didn't quite match the terms of the deal but came close enough for me to stay.
I recently asked EE for a PAC code, and told them the reason for leaving was due to having at least 20 days over the course of the contract where there was no signal at all in my area for 12 hours or more, despite good signal the rest of the time.

The guy just said sorry for the problems and gave me the PAC straight away. I asked of there was anything they could offer and he said "you should try a different network and see if your signal problems continue, then check the website for the best deals".

So I was offered nothing from retentions at all.

They aren't the same company,plusnet piggyback of their network but they are different companies.

Legally speaking no. But factually they are part of the same group.

EE is now part of BT
On 30 January 2007, Plusnet was acquired by BT Group, but it continues to operate as a separate business.

Edited by: "getmeone" 15th Mar 2017
jonmmill

I am currently at the end of my ee contract. I have been offered a … I am currently at the end of my ee contract. I have been offered a Pixel for 40.99 or S7 for 32.99 a month.If I ask for a pac code do you think I will be offered a better deal?

My advise, avoid the Pixel. They're actually a terrible phone. (I say this from experience! I have a history of working with mobile phones before anyone jumps down my throat) The real shame of me saying the Pixel is terrible, is if it worked it'd be an amazing phone and I'd definitely still have mine, but they don't work! Full of bugs and glitches.... and not ones you can live with either and not ones that can or will be patched. The most famous one, calls dropping. My Pixel XL went back to EE after about 6 weeks and now I'm trying to decide what phone next. Here is forum of Pixel users.... productforums.google.com/forum/!topic/phone-by-google/rkISyY3RZzU
Edited by: "xfaxfa" 15th Mar 2017
Seb_WTF

I went from EE to vodafone due to signal problems and 30% discount from … I went from EE to vodafone due to signal problems and 30% discount from voda. But before I left they offered me 20% discount to stay. Don't take the first offer, 2 days after a PAC code request I received a phonecall from EE team with even better offer. Free phone, more data etc, it's their job to keep you as a customer. BTW s8 is coming out soon so they will try to push s7 out.

Rumoured 21st April release....
Original Poster
Pac code asked for. Let's see what happens.
Original Poster
Phone call from ee. Offered me free s7 phone. 2gb for 21 a month or 10gb for 26. Went for 10gb as always running out. Phone coming tomorrow.
xfaxfa

Rumoured 21st April release....

​el duderino!
I contact my supplier via chat, have a haggle and explain some better deals i've seen - they fail to match them so I ask for a PAC and leave it at that. Then retentions phone me. Had 50% off SIMO for the past 5 years but have bought my own phone which worked out cheaper anyway.
getmeone

They are the same, BT own them both.
Rang EE this morning got Pac code, played it cool, they rang me back 10 mins ago (5.30), I missed the call, LOL
[quote=jonmmill]Pac code asked for. Let's see what happens.

After you asked for PAC code
What happend ? Did they contact you with a better offer?
Original Poster
They offered me 10 gb a month for 26 pounds. Took it as always run out of data. With a samsung s7.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants