Expired

Does BT vision have multiroom option?

Found 20th Jan 2014
Hi i currently have Sky and use 2 magic eyes to get Sky in other rooms. I am looking to possibly change over to BT vision but have been told that Magic Eye wont work with it. Is there another alternative to get the 'multiroom' option in other rooms, or does BT offer an official multiroom set up? any help would be great, thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
No BT do not offer a multiroom option, this is something that they have been promising for years. There is an unofficial way to get two boxes running on the Vision service but its not officially supported.
Original Poster
hi, thanks for that. Are you able to tell me what the unofficial way is?
Its quite simple, when you order the Vision box opt for the youview box. Once all this is up and running you can then install a BT vision box along side the youview box (in another room). Any of the BT vision boxes if they are the black colored ones will work. You can normally pick up a version 2 box on ebay for £20 to £40. Its important to note that two BT branded vision boxes will not work on the same line, they have to be a youview/vison box mix. As stated earlier this is not officially supported but I have had this setup running for the past 18 months with no problems.

When you order they will go all out to convince you to opt for the Vision branded box, telling you this is the only way to access BT sports etc. Hold firm and opt for the Youview box as you'll have full access on the Vision box that you buy.
Argoj

Its quite simple, when you order the Vision box opt for the youview box. … Its quite simple, when you order the Vision box opt for the youview box. Once all this is up and running you can then install a BT vision box along side the youview box (in another room). Any of the BT vision boxes if they are the black colored ones will work. You can normally pick up a version 2 box on ebay for £20 to £40. Its important to note that two BT branded vision boxes will not work on the same line, they have to be a youview/vison box mix. As stated earlier this is not officially supported but I have had this setup running for the past 18 months with no problems. When you order they will go all out to convince you to opt for the Vision branded box, telling you this is the only way to access BT sports etc. Hold firm and opt for the Youview box as you'll have full access on the Vision box that you buy.

Do you get sports on both boxes then?
Edited by: "Sambat" 20th Jan 2014
Sambat

Do you get sports on both boxes then?

If you have infinity then yes if not only on the BT Vision box though you can always view via any web connected device.
Argoj

If you have infinity then yes if not only on the BT Vision box though you … If you have infinity then yes if not only on the BT Vision box though you can always view via any web connected device.

I have BT infinity and Youview in one room, and a tv that has no aerial, but broadband closeby in another room. Would I be able to get BT Vision via internet on the tv with no aerial?
Can I ask, how do you guys find Vision/ Youview in comparison to Sky/Virgin Media?
Sambat

I have BT infinity and Youview in one room, and a tv that has no aerial, … I have BT infinity and Youview in one room, and a tv that has no aerial, but broadband closeby in another room. Would I be able to get BT Vision via internet on the tv with no aerial?

You will be able to get the internet channels, if you pay for one of the packages and the on demand content. Normal tv channels wont work obviously.
deathtrap3000

You will be able to get the internet channels, if you pay for one of the … You will be able to get the internet channels, if you pay for one of the packages and the on demand content. Normal tv channels wont work obviously.

Thanks, sorry to ask so many questions, how many internet channels are there on BT Vision?

PS OP, sorry don't mean to hijack your post, hopefully the answers help you too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions