Posted 25th Aug 2018
Hiya, i bought a game from Facebook and it didn't work i had scratches
and my ps4 said make sure the disk is not dirty or it may be scratched
so i am wondering if you can repair it in CeX and how much does it
cost?.
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Last time I checked the one in Leeds does not. You could call your local store and ask. Also you could try GAME with most stores offering that service. It cost me £2.50 last time and it worked perfectly.
Nope, they tell you to goto game normally...
game do it for £3
SerpentSuicide25/08/2018 22:43

Last time I checked the one in Leeds does not. You could call your local …Last time I checked the one in Leeds does not. You could call your local store and ask. Also you could try GAME with most stores offering that service. It cost me £2.50 last time and it worked perfectly.

CeX do not have phones for general use. Only internal.
loopylloyd4 m ago

CeX do not have phones for general use. Only internal.

Good to know for future reference.
Some of the stores do. Try emailing them, if you have receipt, they'll probs do it for free cus you get 2yrs of warranty if you buy it from there.
Just read you bought it from Facebook, still go and say I bought it from here but I don't have receipt or membership card. Try if that works lol
Edited by: "Mihir95" 25th Aug 2018
Mihir9525/08/2018 23:56

Some of the stores do. Try emailing them, if you have receipt, they'll …Some of the stores do. Try emailing them, if you have receipt, they'll probs do it for free cus you get 2yrs of warranty if you buy it from there.Just read you bought it from Facebook, still go and say I bought it from here but I don't have receipt or membership card. Try if that works lol

They will probably ask for your post code. Think all purchases are tied.
loopylloyd26/08/2018 00:07

They will probably ask for your post code. Think all purchases are tied.

They are, that's correct.

Your membership details are tied to your passport/driving license and address so they don't have to do the KYC checks every time you buy/sell.
If you are buying something or use CeX a lot they may do it for you if you ask politely. Presume company policy says its just for use for them. When I trade in they sometimes say they won't take games (360 discs) but I ask them to put them in the cleaner and they bring them up to decent pretty much always.
jamie1526/08/2018 00:17

They are, that's correct.Your membership details are tied to your …They are, that's correct.Your membership details are tied to your passport/driving license and address so they don't have to do the KYC checks every time you buy/sell.

& they can track when you purchased the item so can validate the 24 month warranty period.

I do like CeX a lot, got many bargains there lately and trade in's on games can be good. Got many steelbooks also for the price of the standard version of the game.

I wouldn't advise trying to blag them, it will get their backs up. Be honest and ask, they will maybe say yes, who knows!
loopylloyd26/08/2018 00:20

& they can track when you purchased the item so can validate the 24 month …& they can track when you purchased the item so can validate the 24 month warranty period.I do like CeX a lot, got many bargains there lately and trade in's on games can be good. Got many steelbooks also for the price of the standard version of the game.I wouldn't advise trying to blag them, it will get their backs up. Be honest and ask, they will maybe say yes, who knows!

I'm a CeX fan myself, simply because I make quite a bit of money selling stuff to them! I make profit selling stuff nobody would pay more for privately!

They are overpriced but many people still buy stuff that is sold at rip-off prices there (thankfully, means they offer higher trade-in prices)! For example, I sold a feature phone for £10 (widely available at that price) and while I was selling it, somebody else next to me was buying the same phone for £22!
jamie1526/08/2018 00:24

I'm a CeX fan myself, simply because I make quite a bit of money selling …I'm a CeX fan myself, simply because I make quite a bit of money selling stuff to them! I make profit selling stuff nobody would pay more for privately!They are overpriced but many people still buy stuff that is sold at rip-off prices there (thankfully, means they offer higher trade-in prices)! For example, I sold a feature phone for £10 (widely available at that price) and while I was selling it, somebody else next to me was buying the same phone for £22!

True this! I go for credit a lot myself. I think I have got about £37 of local pick ups lined up soon which will net me £71 cash or £104 on a voucher!
loopylloyd26/08/2018 00:26

True this! I go for credit a lot myself. I think I have got about £37 of …True this! I go for credit a lot myself. I think I have got about £37 of local pick ups lined up soon which will net me £71 cash or £104 on a voucher!

I've been buying from retailers, haven't thought about buying privately but you've given me a great idea! Will have to get into that if possible, easy money!

I always take cash, CeX is overpriced usually so the voucher is pretty much equivalent value to cash for me.
jamie1526/08/2018 00:28

I've been buying from retailers, haven't thought about buying privately …I've been buying from retailers, haven't thought about buying privately but you've given me a great idea! Will have to get into that if possible, easy money!I always take cash, CeX is overpriced usually so the voucher is pretty much equivalent value to cash for me.

Facebook pick ups are crazy. Yeah they can be overpriced although for me some of the games are actually cheaper than buying online or elsewhere! I want Max Payne 3 for 360. Its a £1 in CeX!
loopylloyd9 m ago

Facebook pick ups are crazy. Yeah they can be overpriced although for me …Facebook pick ups are crazy. Yeah they can be overpriced although for me some of the games are actually cheaper than buying online or elsewhere! I want Max Payne 3 for 360. Its a £1 in CeX!

That's true, older games for 360/PS3 are very cheap in CeX. I only buy current gen games though, so it isn't worth it for me.
cex are good for selling stuff you no you not gonna make much on, like a first gen fire tv, and Moto e phone, as it full of ppl who buy it not checking newer models are available online for just tenner more
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants