Groups

Does Council Help me in chopping the branches of tree for sky dish ?

Does anyone faced the problem of channels freezing on Sky? as last summer i contacted sky and they came down and said the tree opposite to my house which is a council property is obstructing my Sky Dish hence the channels are freezing but i thought he might be wrong after that episode i didn't contact them as whole of the winter i didn't had any problem as all the leaves had fallen off and i think there wasn't much obstruction. But now because of the summer the tree had really blossomed with leaves and sky channels are freezing again. I wanted to know if i contact the council about this will they be of any help in chopping some branches off that tree ?

20 Comments

They should do, give them a call and ask nicely.
    Our neighburs at our old house had a tree dangerously hanging over our greenhouse and it was their responsibility to deal with it. Just like it was our responsibility to prune a tree of ours hanging over our neighbour's fence. I see no reason why the Council should be any different from individuals. However, as it's just a convenience issue rather than posing a danger or threat they may not be obliged to.
    If you have problems with the council you can go to/phone your local CAB (Citizens' Advice Bureau) and ask where you stand.

Banned

My mate had his sky dish relocated to the chimney for this reason.

Might be an option ?

we,ve got a tree in our back yard but have to agree to plant another tree before given the permission by the local council to chop it down because its protected even though its dead and decayed already

Banned

I cant imagine the council would cut parts of a tree off to make your sky viewing better. Why not just move the dish higher?

Are you for real?

No they will not chop it down just for your viewing pleasure.

Why should a tree be chopped down just for you? probably lived longer then you have?
    Not much green around the uk as it is without people wanting to chop stuff down left right and centre.

Some sad old woman who lives in my area complained to council to get stuff chopped down cause she claimed that someone could hide in them and jump on her and rape her , she was like 80 :x idiot council did as well , so you maybe in luck/

why didnt u hide in there and tie her up in it then mr angry andy

A-n-d-y, far be it for me to comment but if you read the post it does say chop some branches, not chop it down.
    You would be right to rant if someone wanted a tree removed so they could get a better Sky signal, but all scorpiostar wants is some branches removed, which may actually make the tree healthier.
    Admittedly I don't think they will get very far because the council only cut things down when it suits themselves not anyone else!

Andy is spot on :thumbsup:

Why should the rest of the tax paying population pay to have a tree doctored to improve one person's viewing pleasure? As for the suggestion that this might actually be good for the tree..........words fail me.

Utter selfishness :x

well would you like it if i stuck a tree in your broadband connection and told you to live with it? dont think you would.... i think there should be some compramise between both of em!

I think United will win. :? I am on the correct thread, right..?

Liddle ol' me;2145722

I think United will win. :? I am on the correct thread, right..?

LOL

Jeezeypeeps;2145473

Andy is spot on :thumbsup:Why should the rest of the tax paying … Andy is spot on :thumbsup:Why should the rest of the tax paying population pay to have a tree doctored to improve one person's viewing pleasure? As for the suggestion that this might actually be good for the tree..........words fail me.Utter selfishness :x

Calm down Jeezey, I was merely saying Andy is not spot on because he is going on about having the tree removed which is a big difference to having a tree trimmed, if it is trimmed up correctly it can be good for the tree (notice can not will)
    The council round where I live have hundreds of trees under there control and I know for a fact most of them can only benefit from some professional tree surgery, but each to their own I suppose, the easy solution is to move your dish, but to save a few quid you could try the council.
    And for the record, Utd will stuff em if Ronaldo performs, if not it will be a close and boring game!!!!!!!!

I doubt they will either trim it down.

jackt010;2145493

well would you like it if i stuck a tree in your broadband connection and … well would you like it if i stuck a tree in your broadband connection and told you to live with it? dont think you would.... i think there should be some compramise between both of em!

lulz - rep

Just have Sky move the dish. No reason a tree needs to be messed with here.

Original Poster

v2drinkers;2146551

I wouldnt like that.BUT I'd get in touch with BT and get the line moved, … I wouldnt like that.BUT I'd get in touch with BT and get the line moved, just as this person should do. Get your sat dish moved higher up or over so it has line of sight to the sat.

Jeezeypeeps;2145473

Andy is spot on :thumbsup:Why should the rest of the tax paying … Andy is spot on :thumbsup:Why should the rest of the tax paying population pay to have a tree doctored to improve one person's viewing pleasure? As for the suggestion that this might actually be good for the tree..........words fail me.Utter selfishness :x

Thanks for all your replies and conflicts, My house is a town house 3 Floor one, the tree is so high that even if i move the dish high its going to give the same trouble. The had already recommended this to Sky. I don't have any viewing pleasure of my tele as it is taken over by my kids. I don't want them to trouble me when their Cbeebies is stuck. Any way i have mailed to council after going through this let me c whats their answer.:thumbsup:

Banned

Surely the tree cannot be higher than a 3 storey house? I think Sky engineers gave you the brush off. ring them to cancel your subscription and explain situation. They should revisit and move it for free.

Original Poster

csiman;2148137

Surely the tree cannot be higher than a 3 storey house? I think Sky … Surely the tree cannot be higher than a 3 storey house? I think Sky engineers gave you the brush off. ring them to cancel your subscription and explain situation. They should revisit and move it for free.

Do you mean all tree's stops growing once it reaches the height of 2 1/2 storey:w00t:. Let me show you the pic of the tree from my bedroom window the house behind the tree is 2 storey.
    http://www.shareapic.net/preview3/008730279.jpg

A nice tree is better than the majority of stuff on TV anyway. Suggestion: Let the tree go about its business and download everything you have to watch. As for the kids - get them a copy of GTA4, this will keep them occupied far more than TV ever could.

I suppose you want the council to come and take your rubbish away regularly as well...crazy talk :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3431247
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.2024
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1532
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1830

See more discussions