does covid affect amazon warehouse used items?

Posted 2nd Jun
Will there be less used items put up for sale because of covid? One more question: is there any precautions buyers of used amazon items should take , eg don’t open the package until a certain period of time has passed since its been delivered, etc
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I pop my packages into the oven at 200ºC for 10 minutes.
I usually leave mine 3 seconds or a bit longer if I'm on the nest.
Imagine all the lovehoney parcels.. bet they aren't getting left for 72 hours 🙈
8 Comments
Just take the same precautions as you are currently taking when receiving mail, deliveries, shopping etc
"Will there be less used items put up for sale because of covid?"
If anyone knew the answer to that question they would have a ticket for the next lottery draw.

"is there any precautions buyers of used amazon items should take"
General consensus appears to be to leave all packages (not just from amazon) unopened for 72 hours after delivery.
I usually try to leave all my packages and letters for at least 48hours before opening.
I usually leave mine 3 seconds or a bit longer if I'm on the nest.
I pop my packages into the oven at 200ºC for 10 minutes.
Imagine all the lovehoney parcels.. bet they aren't getting left for 72 hours 🙈
My postman is complaining that he smells of Dettol.
The most common consensus is Covid 19 won’t survive on most materials any longer than 72hours. Depending on material it could be much less.
Factor in that most parcels will be packaged 1-2 days minimum before reaching you. Meaning the contents of any Amazon Warehouse goods will unlikely have been touched by human hand, for at least 3 days. If you assume it’s been checked and restocked, then sat on a shelf for a day.
As long as you open the packaging of a delivery, bin it and wash your hands, there is very minimal risk, if any.
Post a comment
@
    Text