Posted 29th Nov 2021
I signed up with Vodafone on the weekend for the pixel 6 deal. I took out a contract with them and I was supposed to cancel it but it currently works out cheaper than my current EE deal. I called EE up to see if they could price match it but they couldn't so I requested a PAC code.

I don't mind switching to Vodafone but their 5G coverage in my area is less than EE atm so I would like to stay with EE.
Would they try to ring back with a better deal or once the PAC is requested they just cancel?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
25 Comments
  1. Avatar
    from my experience they haven't done this for many years.
  2. Avatar
    Author
    Ok someone just called me from loyalty and they gave me an offer which was more expensive
    I told her that the person who spoke to me before gave me a cheaper offer and she said she wasn't supposed to offer that. I guess it's off to Vodafone then.
  3. Avatar
    Yazoo199029/11/2021 16:15

Ok someone just called me from loyalty and they gave me an offer which was …Ok someone just called me from loyalty and they gave me an offer which was more expensive I told her that the person who spoke to me before gave me a cheaper offer and she said she wasn't supposed to offer that. I guess it's off to Vodafone then.

i found they used to call you after you ask for the PAC code to try and keep you but they stopped doing this so i am surprised they called you at all to be honest. however, it wasn't really retention as it was sales from the price being more expensive.

EE won't match vodafone as they know vodafone signal are pants compared to EE.
  4. Avatar
    They used to care about retention but I dont think they do now.

I have been with them for years and often after requesting PAC, you would receive a call from the retentions team, and if you declined the offers, a call from a higher retention team a few days later with the best offers.

I had been with them for over 10 years but when I requested my PAC as Three were cheaper, their best offer was £400 more over 24 months and they just let me leave (I returned to EE on a black Friday deal as Three were rubbish though).
    Edited by: "Russ2626" 29th Nov
  5. Avatar
    Russ262629/11/2021 18:59

They used to care about retention but I dont think they do now. I have …They used to care about retention but I dont think they do now. I have been with them for years and often after requesting PAC, you would receive a call from the retentions team, and if you declined the offers, a call from a higher retention team a few days later with the best offers.I had been with them for over 10 years but when I requested my PAC as Three were cheaper, their best offer was £400 more over 24 months and they just let me leave (I returned to EE on a black Friday deal as Three were rubbish though).

i used to get the PAC code then wait for retentions to call. reject the first call and wait nearer to the 30 days of the PAC as they tend to call nearer the end and offer better deals.

for many years now they stopped doing that so i had to call them a couple of days before my contract ends and ask if they have anything on offer at all?? i now just negotiate the deal when i call to get the PAC as i don't think there is any point waiting for retentions to call.

i think they have grown quite big so they don't need to retain cusotmers any more.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    Russ262629/11/2021 18:59

They used to care about retention but I dont think they do now. I have …They used to care about retention but I dont think they do now. I have been with them for years and often after requesting PAC, you would receive a call from the retentions team, and if you declined the offers, a call from a higher retention team a few days later with the best offers.I had been with them for over 10 years but when I requested my PAC as Three were cheaper, their best offer was £400 more over 24 months and they just let me leave (I returned to EE on a black Friday deal as Three were rubbish though).

Yeah I'm hoping they ring with a better offer as I have been with them for 9 years. I think I might wait like you and return to EE on a black friday deal in 2 years. By then 5G will be widely available as well.
  7. Avatar
    Nope. Really struggling to get a deal with iPhone 14 pro I’ve managed to currently negotiate £220 upfront 100gb for £45pcm
  8. Avatar
    Yazoo199029/11/2021 19:06

Yeah I'm hoping they ring with a better offer as I have been with them for …Yeah I'm hoping they ring with a better offer as I have been with them for 9 years. I think I might wait like you and return to EE on a black friday deal in 2 years. By then 5G will be widely available as well.

I've just upgraded to a 5G contract with EE and it's actually slower than my 4G with EE!
  9. Avatar
    Russ262629/11/2021 19:09

I've just upgraded to a 5G contract with EE and it's actually slower than …I've just upgraded to a 5G contract with EE and it's actually slower than my 4G with EE!

i have heard people say that before. that to get faster speed, he had to switch the phone to 4G.
  10. Avatar
    mutley129/11/2021 19:11

i have heard people say that before. that to get faster speed, he had to …i have heard people say that before. that to get faster speed, he had to switch the phone to 4G.

I'm guessing that maybe it's because there are more people using 5G than 4G in my area
  11. Avatar
    Russ262629/11/2021 19:12

I'm guessing that maybe it's because there are more people using 5G than …I'm guessing that maybe it's because there are more people using 5G than 4G in my area

i doubt it. probably because 5G doesn't actually work.

i got an email from EE the other day to say that I can upgrade to 5G through their offers but I don't see the point even though I have a 5G device as I am quite happy with the speed I am getting on 4G and I had heard people say that 5G is slower than 4G.

i will wait until 5G becomes more trodden before i will venture there.
  12. Avatar
    mutley129/11/2021 19:16

i doubt it. probably because 5G doesn't actually work.i got an email from …i doubt it. probably because 5G doesn't actually work.i got an email from EE the other day to say that I can upgrade to 5G through their offers but I don't see the point even though I have a 5G device as I am quite happy with the speed I am getting on 4G and I had heard people say that 5G is slower than 4G.i will wait until 5G becomes more trodden before i will venture there.

Good idea. I just tested the speeds and there isn't a significant difference.

46255659-fSKVM.jpg
  13. Avatar
    EE knows their 4G is better than anyone else and their 5G is good enough, also knowing that eventually Three's 5G will be oversubscribed and crumble (despite one of the perceived properties of 5G being a solid connection when tons of people are connected in the same place, like a Kirchoff's Law type of situation). EE are the lynchpins and they know it, so can set higher prices than anyone else, even with the current hot deal of the day of 160GB £12.80pm still higher than Vodafone's £6.75pm via Affordable Mobiles.

Good luck with EE retentions, I'm also going through the same thing with them but not expecting anything to happen. They have misleading statements on their website like "log in for better prices" and "existing customers get better deals" but new customers and payg have better EE deals and offers by a country mile.
    Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 29th Nov
  14. Avatar
    MrMaccieKFC29/11/2021 20:53

EE knows their 4G is better than anyone else and their 5G is good enough, …EE knows their 4G is better than anyone else and their 5G is good enough, also knowing that eventually Three's 5G will be oversubscribed and crumble (despite one of the perceived properties of 5G being a solid connection when tons of people are connected in the same place, like a Kirchoff's Law type of situation). EE are the lynchpins and they know it, so can set higher prices than anyone else, even with the current hot deal of the day of 160GB £12.80pm still higher than Vodafone's £6.75pm via Affordable Mobiles. Good luck with EE retentions, I'm also going through the same thing with them but not expecting anything to happen. They have misleading statements on their website like "log in for better prices" and "existing customers get better deals" but new customers and payg have better EE deals and offers by a country mile.

I tried to get them to match uswitch ee offer and they refused
  15. Avatar
    ndyanem29/11/2021 19:08

Nope. Really struggling to get a deal with iPhone 14 pro I’ve managed to c …Nope. Really struggling to get a deal with iPhone 14 pro I’ve managed to currently negotiate £220 upfront 100gb for £45pcm

14? No wonder they can’t offer you anything
  16. Avatar
    I've had good deals from EE, speak to different people on different days, until you are happy with what you want to accept.

Have a competitor deal with link to use as a bargaining tool.

Also start talking to EE 45 days before existing contract ends.
    Edited by: "Looks4deals" 30th Nov
  17. Avatar
    £220 upfront and £45 is quite good I’d say, works out at less than £15 a month once you take the cost of the phone out (£950) and like others have mentioned ee is best for signal/4g/5g and they know it so charge a premium. Don’t just go with the cheapest… you wouldn’t walk in to a shoe shop and say I’d like to buy the cheapest shoes you sell when you’re going to be wearing them for the next 2 years would you?
    Edited by: "howarth3" 29th Nov
  18. Avatar
    mutley129/11/2021 16:35

i found they used to call you after you ask for the PAC code to try and …i found they used to call you after you ask for the PAC code to try and keep you but they stopped doing this so i am surprised they called you at all to be honest. however, it wasn't really retention as it was sales from the price being more expensive.EE won't match vodafone as they know vodafone signal are pants compared to EE.

I requested my PAC number a couple of months ago, then a few days later got a call from EE to offer me a deal. I was moving over to O2 anyway to take up their O2/Virgin Volt offer, so didn't get as far as what they was going to offer me.
  19. Avatar
    howarth329/11/2021 22:01

£220 upfront and £45 is quite good I’d say, works out at less than £15 a mo …£220 upfront and £45 is quite good I’d say, works out at less than £15 a month once you take the cost of the phone out (£950) and like others have mentioned ee is best for signal/4g/5g and they know it so charge a premium. Don’t just go with the cheapest… you wouldn’t walk in to a shoe shop and say I’d like to buy the cheapest shoes you sell when you’re going to be wearing them for the next 2 years would you?

I can only have ee as signal for other is rubbish in my area may go for it and just add extra cash into my ee account now and again
  20. Avatar
    ndyanem30/11/2021 06:00

I can only have ee as signal for other is rubbish in my area may go for it …I can only have ee as signal for other is rubbish in my area may go for it and just add extra cash into my ee account now and again

Bit the bullet and ordered it
  21. Avatar
    I just requested my PAC to see what happens between now and 29th December (my contract ends on 24th December).

Edit - in fact I am so peeved off at the constant fobbing off by the EE chat that tonight I decided to switch to Vodafone via affordable mobiles (100GB 5G (which should be enough for my needs) for basically £6 per month, "Red Plan" (whatever that means) with veryme as well). My accumulated WeAre8 free money can be redeemed by bank transfer so I'm not losing out by switching. Bye bye EE you stupid clowns, screwing existing customers away.

Since I've moved away I now have no use for 20% NHS codes.
    ZQWVRWHB4
    HRBN962W2
    BXT6SSKHT
    4QQRKM697
    CN4G2XMFV
    Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 30th Nov
  22. Avatar
    mutley129/11/2021 19:16

i doubt it. probably because 5G doesn't actually work.i got an email from …i doubt it. probably because 5G doesn't actually work.i got an email from EE the other day to say that I can upgrade to 5G through their offers but I don't see the point even though I have a 5G device as I am quite happy with the speed I am getting on 4G and I had heard people say that 5G is slower than 4G.i will wait until 5G becomes more trodden before i will venture there.

I got a 5g sim deal and its works very well with my 4g phone, as 5g is backward compatible.

Plus according to Google 4g is gonna be around for another 10 years or more.
  23. Avatar
    MrMaccieKFC30/11/2021 16:00

I just requested my PAC to see what happens between now and 29th December …I just requested my PAC to see what happens between now and 29th December (my contract ends on 24th December).Edit - in fact I am so peeved off at the constant fobbing off by the EE chat that tonight I decided to switch to Vodafone via affordable mobiles (100GB 5G (which should be enough for my needs) for basically £6 per month, "Red Plan" (whatever that means) with veryme as well). My accumulated WeAre8 free money can be redeemed by bank transfer so I'm not losing out by switching. Bye bye EE you stupid clowns, screwing existing customers away. Since I've moved away I now have no use for 20% NHS codes. ZQWVRWHB4HRBN962W2BXT6SSKHT4QQRKM697CN4G2XMFV

You should have stuck with EE, different staff/agents offer different deals its a game I suppose.

My experience has been to persist and speak to dozens of people (including retentions) until I get the deal I want, especially if speaking to them 45 days from before existing contracts expires, I now calendar everything it really helps.
  24. Avatar
    Looks4deals08/12/2021 22:25

You should have stuck with EE, different staff/agents offer different …You should have stuck with EE, different staff/agents offer different deals its a game I suppose.My experience has been to persist and speak to dozens of people (including retentions) until I get the deal I want, especially if speaking to them 45 days from before existing contracts expires, I now calendar everything it really helps.

Thanks but I'm ok for now, vodafone so far has worked far better than EE did for me outside my home, and checking mastdata it turns out that vodafone is number 1 where I live. Indoors it's about the same as EE, but according to mastdata where I live is strangely a 3G area, and the area definitely needs an upgraded mast nearby. EE was good and it got me away from the diabolical 3 network, but it looks like my decision to leave EE has been redeemed.

Also I left EE in credit even with the cancellation fees due to the contract situation where they charge a month in advance.
Post a comment
Top Merchants