does gameboy games fit a nintendo ds???

hi guys, this is probably a silly question to you gamers, its just that i have seen a game on ebay and it is advertised as shrek 3rd nintendo ds/gameboy game cartridge only

so made me think........can i buy gameboy games for my sons ds lite??
sorry if this sounds silly

6 Comments

Gameboy advance games definately work. Don't know about the rest but probably

Original Poster

ohhhhhh right, i see, that explains it then, thanks its just the pic of the game cartridge looks too wide to fit in a ds, thanks

gbspurs

Gameboy advance games definately work. Don't know about the rest but … Gameboy advance games definately work. Don't know about the rest but probably

there should b a slot for the gameboy games on the bottom of ur ds they maybe a cap in bottom
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/10/gba_slot_slide_lg.jpg
Edited by: "vicknanth" 29th Mar 2011

ds cant play gameboy or gameboy color games although it can play gameboy advance games or you could buy a r4 card and load an emulator up for all your gameboying needs

GBA was long dead by the time of Shrek 3 - so this sounds dodgy. Did come out for the DS but then what is GB doing in the title?

Looks like Shrek 3 did indeed come out on GBA, but only in the US. So the ones on eBay are all US cartridges.

There's no region locking on GBA carts as far as I know, so OP, yes you're fine to buy it. It will work on DS.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2343
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214079
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1111
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846070

See more discussions