Does Gearbest have an option where I can pay in UK pounds?

Found 10th Nov 2015
I was going to order an item on Gearbest but when I check out, have to pay in american dollars which is rather annoying. Is there a way where I can purchase with UK Pounds?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Just change the currency before you purchase...?
there is an option somewhere on the screen that let's u convert to pounds
AL1S0N

Yes there seems to be. At the top
Original Poster

sazzopardi1971

AL1S0N

AL1S0N

I changed it a the top but when at the checkout, I have to pay in USD...

http://i.imgur.com/vMlbY60.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XPYjGX9.jpg
sazzopardi1971

AL1S0N

AL1S0N

there is an option somewhere on the screen that let's u convert to … there is an option somewhere on the screen that let's u convert to pounds

What's wrong with that? PayPal will automatically convert and only take the GBP out of your bank.
Is it because you want to know how much it cost in £? It won't affect your payment either way, as it will (I think) automatically change to sterling after payment is completed.

Slightly off topic (hope the OP doesn't mind)

Anyone had delay in dispatch issues? Ordered something 31st Oct it was in stock. Thought it'd be dispatched within a day or so. Messaged them and got this reply

Now we have checked the stock availability and I’m extremely pleased to i … Now we have checked the stock availability and I’m extremely pleased to inform you that the item you have ordered is in stock and is now ready for shipping. After we ship your package out,you will receive a message.

Checked again - order still processing. Messaged them again and got this

1,We generally require between 2 to 3 business days to arrange shipment … 1,We generally require between 2 to 3 business days to arrange shipment of orders, as we need to confirm order information and inspect items. This includes the time taken to conduct quality control as well as carefully packaging the item prior to dispatch. 2.We kindly wish you to wait 2 to 4 days and then feel free to contact us,we will give you some tracking information,please rest assured,we will try our best to help you.

That last message was on 6th Nov and my order is still processing. I'm not concerned about financial loss (covered by paypal/cancel order) it's the service/dispatch issue.
Original Poster

Now we have checked the stock availability and I’m extremely pleased to i … Now we have checked the stock availability and I’m extremely pleased to inform you that the item you have ordered is in stock and is now ready for shipping. After we ship your package out,you will receive a message.

1,We generally require between 2 to 3 business days to arrange shipment … 1,We generally require between 2 to 3 business days to arrange shipment of orders, as we need to confirm order information and inspect items. This includes the time taken to conduct quality control as well as carefully packaging the item prior to dispatch. 2.We kindly wish you to wait 2 to 4 days and then feel free to contact us,we will give you some tracking information,please rest assured,we will try our best to help you.

Hehhee, I don't mind! Did you pay in USD or Pounds?
thegamingkinginfo

Hehhee, I don't mind! Did you pay in USD or Pounds?

£
I setup gearbest for UK and £ then on payment I clicked Paypal - all went through as £ AFAIK

Correction just checked paypal and it went as USD
Edited by: "philphil61" 10th Nov 2015
Original Poster
philphil61

£I setup gearbest for UK and £ then on payment I clicked Paypal - all w … £I setup gearbest for UK and £ then on payment I clicked Paypal - all went through as £ AFAIKCorrection just checked paypal and it went as USD

Hmm, still trying to find out how I can check out in Pounds
thegamingkinginfo

Hmm, still trying to find out how I can check out in Pounds

Haven't checked card statement but I'd assume because of the low value $40 approx that there would only be pence difference between "on screen" and "actual" payment
If you are paying by paypal what is your real concern?
Original Poster
philphil61

Haven't checked card statement but I'd assume because of the low value … Haven't checked card statement but I'd assume because of the low value $40 approx that there would only be pence difference between "on screen" and "actual" payment If you are paying by paypal what is your real concern?

I'm paying by Visa Credit via Paypal but i'm concerned about the fees that will be added on top of it.
thegamingkinginfo

I'm paying by Visa Credit via Paypal but i'm concerned about the fees … I'm paying by Visa Credit via Paypal but i'm concerned about the fees that will be added on top of it.

That's an issue with Paypal and Visa - ask Paypal Live Chat

or ask credit card
Edited by: "philphil61" 10th Nov 2015
Original Poster
philphil61

That's an issue with Paypal and Visa - ask Paypal Live Chator ask credit … That's an issue with Paypal and Visa - ask Paypal Live Chator ask credit card

Unless I look on a different website.. but I don't know anywhere else selling the Xiaomi Mi Band 1S
You can't pay in GBP, they accept USD payments only with PayPal anyway. Ask them in live chat.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions