Does iD Mobile credit check count as a hard inquiry or just a soft inquiry?

Found 22nd May 2017
iD Mobile would require a complete credit report about myself and it sounds like a hard inquiry to me. I want to ask you guys if it is indeed a hard inquiry or just a soft inquiry. I am concerned that taking out a sim only 30 days contract from iD Mobile would affect my credit scores (I don't have any bad scores if you must know) I know this sound like a stupid question but your answers would be very helpful for me Many thanks in advance!
Community Updates
AskMobilesMobile Phone
8 Comments
What is your question? oO
LeahMinttoutou

What is your question? oO

Likely: is the pre-contract credit search recorded on a person's credit file in a manner that other credit providers can view that search at a later date?

IDs FAQ implies it's a recorded hard search that will be visible to other credit providers at a later date, otherwise this statement would make no sense:
"...If you have an order turned down due to a credit check, we advise you not to try to place another order, as putting through more than one check in a short space of time can harm your credit rating..."
idmobile.co.uk/hel…faq

jayt7

...I am concerned that taking out a sim only 30 days contract from iD … ...I am concerned that taking out a sim only 30 days contract from iD Mobile would affect my credit scores...

If the monthly payment performance reporting to CRAs is positive this may have an equally positive impact on your credit file.
hard.
IME they don't carry out any credit check at all. I had one SIM of theirs for about 6 months @£5/month and decided to apply for another one to put in a spare phone. I got rejected for the 2nd one with them saying I'd failed their credit check. But when I checked my credit score online which includes a history of all credit check enquiries going back years I saw for myself that they hadn't checked my credit rating, incidentally higher than the local and national average, for either of the SIM cards I applied for. Not even the one I got and had been using for the past 6 months with them. I ended my rolling monthly contract with them that day and got a much better deal from EE whose 4GEE speeds in the area I live are insanely fast. I'll never go near iD mobile or CPW again. They're lying scum who advertise really cheap phones and SIM only deals but factor in that they won't honour a certain percentage of them so it's mostly just a gimmick. They asked me why I was leaving and I told them. Guy on the phone didn't give a damn, I reckon I wasn't the first to rumble them on their scam tactics, and he gave me my PAC code there and then and just said goodbye and hung up before I could respond with good riddance. Theyre dodgy as hell. I ended up with my account with them being in credit but I was never refunded it. It was only 25p or something like that they owed me so not even worth a phone call over but my advice would be to avoid like the plague but not to worry about your credit score as they are unlikely to carry out any checks on you whatsoever. Another funny one from CPW was around a year ago when I bought a phone from them. No contract, just a phone for which I paid then up front in full for. Hours later I got a email from them saying that I'd failed a credit check even though by that time they had received my payment in full. Took me several phone calls before I spoke to anyone with enough sense to realise what a balls up they were making of things. And that alleged credit check is nowhere to be seen in my credit history either.
they will do a hard check.

but it only negatively impacts your credit rating if you fail to pay out are rejected is imagine.

if you have a good credit history then you'll be fine.

greenandwhite

IME they don't carry out any credit check at all. I had one SIM of theirs … IME they don't carry out any credit check at all. I had one SIM of theirs for about 6 months @£5/month and decided to apply for another one to put in a spare phone. I got rejected for the 2nd one with them saying I'd failed their credit check. But when I checked my credit score online which includes a history of all credit check enquiries going back years I saw for myself that they hadn't checked my credit rating...

How many CRAs did you check, and which ones?
HARD CHECK as it suggests here idmobile.co.uk/hel…faq
If you have an order turned down due to a credit check, we advise you not to try to place another order, as putting through more than one check in a short space of time can harm your credit rating.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants