Does installing Nokia PC Suite affect your computer?

Found 1st Mar 2009
Hi, got the Nokia PC suite disc to use with my computer and installed it so that i can install themes, convert videos for the phone etc.......

Since i have though my PC has seemed slightly slower? And doing a couple of things it doesnt usually do?

Is there any known issues with this software?

1. Misc
  2. Nokia
  3. PC
10 Comments

Opening MS office documents can be slower, depending on your bluetooth method.

None that I know off. I use it every now and then. all I would do though it remove the start up entry so that it doesnt load into memory every time you start the PC.

If you are just loading themes on to the phone then maybe try connecting the phone via bluetooth to the PC and copy the themes direct to the phones memory or memory card, rather than going via the PC suite.

Banned

StevenA2000_uk;4525678

None that I know off. I use it every now and then. all I would do … None that I know off. I use it every now and then. all I would do though it remove the start up entry so that it doesnt load into memory every time you start the PC.

Need something like S&D to stop it adding it self to the start up procedure, if you delete it next time you run it will just add it self again ;-)

lumoruk;4525689

Need something like S&D to stop it adding it self to the start up … Need something like S&D to stop it adding it self to the start up procedure, if you delete it next time you run it will just add it self again ;-)

Try ccleaner from piriform, excellent freeware cleans all old files from your pc, removes dead registry entries after you have removed software and has an excellent utility that you can use to remove or disable start up entries [url]www.ccleaner.com[/url] for info filehippo.com/dow…er/ top of the green box on the right to download:thumbsup:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4525678

None that I know off. I use it every now and then. all I would do … None that I know off. I use it every now and then. all I would do though it remove the start up entry so that it doesnt load into memory every time you start the PC. If you are just loading themes on to the phone then maybe try connecting the phone via bluetooth to the PC and copy the themes direct to the phones memory or memory card, rather than going via the PC suite.:)

I tried that but couldnt figure out where on the memory card i could install the themes?! There was no themes folder?!!!

Im thinking bout just uninstalling the pc suite and forgetting about themes and software

makershaker;4525850

I tried that but couldnt figure out where on the memory card i could … I tried that but couldnt figure out where on the memory card i could install the themes?! There was no themes folder?!!!Im thinking bout just uninstalling the pc suite and forgetting about themes and software

You should be able to create a folders. This is what I did and copied the themes I had downloaded over into the folder then tried the themes from the phone.

I'd ditch the PC Suite as well unless theres something the software can offer that cant be done other easier ways.....the only thing I liked about the PC suite was the Message Manager program that allowed me to connect my phone to the PC via bluetooth and then use my PC to send txt messages thru the phone.

Use Msconfig to turn off the Nokia suite at startup, there is no need to have it running in the background when your not using it!

Click start (bottom left corner) > type msconfig> click on msconfig.exe> click startup tab> untick nokia suit > re-boot pc

Not had any problems on any of the PCs with PC Suite on although I did disable it on startup as I don't need it running all the time.

John

Original Poster

Disabled on startup. I'll see how it goes

I want to know why they give you a tiny disc with the software on!? It doesnt play in my laptop so I had to go download it.

The thing is that the 5800 box is the size of a normal CD anyway!! fools.
Post a comment
@
    Text