Does it make a difference buying a cheap or expensive phone case?

Found 26th Sep 2015
I feel like this is an utterly ridiculous question but I've purchased a new iPhone yesterday and normally would just get a £1 case off ebay. I'm wondering if the Apple/Griffin etc are actually worth the money, will they protect the phone any better? Or is it just another rip off?
Community Updates
15 Comments
depends some cheap cases i dont find the molding holds as good but some are just as good as others. i like cheap ones and just alternate to change style. they give protection from scratches and most falls.
You get what you pay for. People pay hundreds of pounds on phones and then buy the cheapest,nastiest cases/portable chargers etc. A nice case can be bought for between £10-£20. Go on...spoil yourself
Griffin cases tend to be bulky but your phone will still look factory new after a few years of hard use.
get an otter box my hubby's got one on his galaxy S3 and it looks brand new inside. protects it well as he's constantly dropping it.
i got one for a quid and bar a scratch on the metal corner, done when i took it out the case. it looks brand new. whats the location ur expensive case was made... oh its china... same as the cheap one.. just the company spends more to market the benefits too you.. in all honesty phones shouldnt need a case and should survive what i would deem normal use from something described as mobile...
Get a Spigen case. They are worth the money. Your phone is worth £539 minimum so why risk it for £10 to £20
justanothercid

i got one for a quid and bar a scratch on the metal corner, done when i … i got one for a quid and bar a scratch on the metal corner, done when i took it out the case. it looks brand new. whats the location ur expensive case was made... oh its china... same as the cheap one.. just the company spends more to market the benefits too you.. in all honesty phones shouldnt need a case and should survive what i would deem normal use from something described as mobile...

​I don't see your point about location. A great quality product can be made right next door to a cheap alternative. The Iphone is made in China like many iphone knock offs for a fraction of the price,but do not perform the same. I do totally agree that phones shouldn't need cases for everyday use though.
gardham67

Get a Spigen case. They are worth the money. Your phone is worth £539 … Get a Spigen case. They are worth the money. Your phone is worth £539 minimum so why risk it for £10 to £20

​Totally agree
One could say the same about the iPhone rather than any other mobile.
Original Poster
gardham67

Get a Spigen case. They are worth the money. Your phone is worth £539 … Get a Spigen case. They are worth the money. Your phone is worth £539 minimum so why risk it for £10 to £20

Something like this? spigen.co.uk/cel…tml
Original Poster
jamierichardson129

​Totally agree

Where can I get one from instore? I don't trust myself having to wait for one to come in the post
jemmarocks

Where can I get one from instore? I don't trust myself having to wait for … Where can I get one from instore? I don't trust myself having to wait for one to come in the post

​They sell Spigen cases in store at Currys/Carphone Warehouse.
spigen do some class cases I had the slim armour on my old Note 3, it was it was a PITA to remove once I put it on though.
I bought myself a Spigen case for my Note 4 which was about £15 - It has actually scratched the bottom of it. I now have one I got from eBay on it for 99p, No scratches. So I certainly will not be forking out silly money for just a case again
I've regularly gone for cheap cases, my attitude is I don't care how fancy my phone looks. I'd rather not be a victim of a mugging, so I'll let the potential mugger go for the mug beside me on his new iPhone. As far as I can tell other than discolouration the cheap cases seem to do as well as some of the premium cases I've tried.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants