Expired

Does it matter which way a router is facing

Found 8th Nov 2014
Just a general question, is the signal stronger on the front than the sides and rear? Thanks

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

1. Ask
  2. Router
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Router
11 Comments

i always have the lights pointing towards the pc if possible.

Dead end question as every router has their antenna built into the router at different points.

In this day and age it does not really matter for the average Joe Public. But, if you really need to improve your coverage then you need to let us know what router you are using and what network you are with.

Edited by: "NEtech" 8th Nov 2014

Also check out cisco.com/c/e…tml

I still don't understand why people stick their wireless router on the floor and wonder why it can't transmit upstairs.

Lol lot's of negative clicks but no comments. Guess someone struck out whilst clubbing tonight
Edited by: "kester76" 8th Nov 2014

kester76

Lol lot's of negative clicks but no comments. Guess someone struck out … Lol lot's of negative clicks but no comments. Guess someone struck out whilst clubbing tonight

1 up from me

WTF ????????

grooty

WTF ????????

Ooomph.... car crash.
Edited by: "NEtech" 8th Nov 2014

One lonely man with lots of hotukdeal accounts struck out tonight, better check the locks before sleeping oO
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/23406482.jpg

Depends on the router. The antenna should be horizontal if the wifi card in your device is horizontal. For example a macbook would require the router to be stood upright in either direction to you. But a tablet would work better with the router on its side with the top facing towards you. Its to do with the way the wifi card is installed in the device.

But usually a router doesn't matter which way its facing. Although its worth noting the wifi is broadcast in kind of a hoop shape, if your too close to the router it wont be as effective as being a few meters away. Also being below the router such as being on a floor below it can also cause problems.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Post a comment
@
    Text