Does John Lewis Added Care cover damage to chargers?

Found 30th Jun
I accidentally bent the USB Type C port with the wheels on the chair, will JL replace the lead as i have added care?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
What did jl say when you asked them?
Kind of an interesting question. Do I understand it correctly?

I broke something myself by accident and therefore I want someone else to pay for the damage
I don't know what 'added care' is, but plenty of firms offer an aftercare package or add-on to a warranty that provides cover against accidental damage. In effect they sell you an insurance policy.
ccnp4 m ago

Kind of an interesting question. Do I understand it correctly? I …Kind of an interesting question. Do I understand it correctly? I broke something myself by accident and therefore I want someone else to pay for the damage

Check your policy
Accidental damage is included according to the website , but not sure if it will include accessories.
you haven't told us what the item is.

Is it the port on the device or the connector on the lead that's bent?

If it's just the lead it will be far simpler to just pick up a new one on ebay etc..for a quid
Sorry for the unclear explanation: the USB type c on the Samsung Note 8 charging 'lead' is bent, will John Lewis Added Care replace the lead (accessory), it does not state on their added care T&C.
ColdDeals30th Jun

Sorry for the unclear explanation: the USB type c on the Samsung Note 8 …Sorry for the unclear explanation: the USB type c on the Samsung Note 8 charging 'lead' is bent, will John Lewis Added Care replace the lead (accessory), it does not state on their added care T&C.

Contact Samsung (I used live chat). They will probably replace it under warranty. I contacted them on Tuesday as my wire broke for my Galaxy S9+ (same type-C port) and they replaced it - was with the courier on Wednesday. Very impressive service!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants