Does John Lewis PayPal refund take upto 28 days?

Posted 3rd Jun
Hi, My mum ordered laptop and few accessories for my niece from JL on 27th. But I asked her to cancel that and order Honor magic book from honor site because its overall better choice and comes with free accessories.

So she ended up cancelling JL online order same day evening and she got confirmation email as well. Apparently after 1hr of cancellation email, PayPal sent her email saying they charged the amount from her CC. I told her to ignore that as since payment already authorised when you placed the order, JL payment system take the money and refund it back.

Problem is since then nothing. I checked her account. Order information says payment refunded but nothing on PayPal reflect that. PayPal always send an email when someone refund the payment.

My mum called JL today and CS rep said JL already processed the refund and its upto PayPal to process the refund now. . He also said it can take upto 28 days for PayPal to process this. JL order information show its refunded.

My question is is this normal? I never waited 28 days for PayPal refund. This is unusually long.

3477256.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
PayPal guest payment; PayPal account payment; or PayPal Credit payment?
AndyRoyd03/06/2020 13:05

PayPal guest payment; PayPal account payment; or PayPal Credit payment?

Paid through PayPal account using CC.
Bigspin03/06/2020 13:06

Paid through PayPal account using CC.

You mention you "checked her account" implying the JL account, and "nothing on PayPal reflect that."
That combination implies JL has processed payment receipt but not implemented the refund, and if so is likely a simple error. Suggestion:
Contact JL to confirm its refund transaction reference and date, using phrase such as:

"please confirm transaction reference and transaction date for the refund to original payment method, as required by section 34 of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013."

(Observation: CC through PP not worth a carrot for any attempt at statutory protection related to Consumer Credit Act. Yet statutory CCA protection would have applied if funded via PP Credit).
AndyRoyd03/06/2020 13:20

You mention you "checked her account" implying the JL account, and …You mention you "checked her account" implying the JL account, and "nothing on PayPal reflect that." That combination implies JL has processed payment receipt but not implemented the refund, and if so is likely a simple error. Suggestion:Contact JL to confirm its refund transaction reference and date, using phrase such as:"please confirm transaction reference and transaction date for the refund to original payment method, as required by section 34 of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013."(Observation: CC through PP not worth a carrot for any attempt at statutory protection related to Consumer Credit Act. Yet statutory CCA protection would have applied if funded via PP Credit).

Nothing on PayPal reflect any refund. I told them that and CS said refund processed from their end and its PayPal need to sort it out now. Which can take 28 days. On JL order information page it actually shows refunded to PayPal (attached pic)

40960954-E9rMY.jpg
Bigspin03/06/2020 13:34

Nothing on PayPal reflect any refund. I told them that and CS said refund …Nothing on PayPal reflect any refund. I told them that and CS said refund processed from their end and its PayPal need to sort it out now. Which can take 28 days. On JL order information page it actually shows refunded to PayPal (attached pic)[Image]

So ask JL the specific Q as stated in prev post.
AndyRoyd03/06/2020 13:37

So ask JL the specific Q as stated in prev post.

Will do. I think Im going to contact them through email so I have a record.
I know not the same company, but, Argos' state it takes 30 days to do refunds via PayPal but mine came through exactly after a week. It was also on the card the same day.
markmc99903/06/2020 13:39

I know not the same company, but, Argos' state it takes 30 days to do …I know not the same company, but, Argos' state it takes 30 days to do refunds via PayPal but mine came through exactly after a week. It was also on the card the same day.

Thanx. Today is 7th day (JL say 5 working days for a refund to appear and today is the 5th day) so I'll ask mum to wait till evening and if not I'll contact them through email.
Bigspin03/06/2020 13:42

Thanx. Today is 7th day (JL say 5 working days for a refund to appear and …Thanx. Today is 7th day (JL say 5 working days for a refund to appear and today is the 5th day) so I'll ask mum to wait till evening and if not I'll contact them through email.

Wait until Friday morning as many transactions get processed in a batch overnight.
Post a comment
@
    Text