Groups

Does LPG affect the car performance and speed?

I am thinking of buying a honda accord LPG gas and i wanted to know if it is worth it or is there drawbacks that i need to be aware of?

7 Comments

Overall it's definitely worth it. Drawbacks are usually smaller tank, meaning more regular trips to fill up. And yes, slightly decreased performance... But who cares when you're effectively close to doubling your mpg. If you do a lot of miles it's a no brainer.

Oh another drawback is the tank will take up boot space... It will most likely be where your spare tyre used to be... Meaning you either drive without a spare or you carry a spare in the boot.

Actually another thing you need to check with Honda LPG'd cars... Check the injectors are OK as they can be damaged. Vtecs aren't the best engines to LPG.

what system is installed in it. most modern systems there's hardly any difference u will notice in performance between lpg and petrol. Make sure it's been installed by a lpg approved place as otherwise some insurers won't unsure it or u will need pay around 50/100 to get it cheked and approved if all is fine with it. main thing is check how close ur local filling stations are and what times they open and the prices economy wise lpg gives a bit less around 15/20% less mpg vs petrol plus factor in a a extra service and valve saver fluid it's not a lot the filters are about a 5 quid and the liquid is around 10 quid which will be enough for around 1000litres of lpg usage. so basically if u can get lpg say around half price of petrol In ur area fish enough. but usally u can pick up a lpg converted car similar price to a petrol so it's kinda of a free conversion don't pay over the odds for the lpg as u can get it done yourself under 700/800 quid for a a car like the honda accord.

I would really recommend BRC or Prinz Lpg kits if possible .. Also hondas will generally require flashtube / valvesaver so make sure your conversion have this because not everyone has this fitted

You tube has some interesting for and against vids....

Original Poster

NAZ17

I would really recommend BRC or Prinz Lpg kits if possible .. Also hondas … I would really recommend BRC or Prinz Lpg kits if possible .. Also hondas will generally require flashtube / valvesaver so make sure your conversion have this because not everyone has this fitted

​what is flash tube valve saver?

I might stand corrected, but are you allowed in tunnels now with an LPG car? I'm sure they were banned from the dartford tunnel and a few others some time ago.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media TV56
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions