Does mint really mean mint condition at cex?

19 replies
Found 9th Dec 2010
just a bit wary as obviously its someone else's definition of mint, dont want to be pee'd off with a purchase

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

What do you have your eye on?

Original Poster

firth_face

What do you have your eye on?

a phone

Do they not have stock in your local store?

Original Poster

firth_face

Do they not have stock in your local store?

nope

Hmmmm, well you could buy then if not 100% happy, take it to your local store.

They're usually rather good with it. It means software passed the tests with flying colours too

AFAIK Cex are pretty strict on their gradings for phones, so "A" condition should mean that

Original Poster

firth_face

Hmmmm, well you could buy then if not 100% happy, take it to your local … Hmmmm, well you could buy then if not 100% happy, take it to your local store.They're usually rather good with it. It means software passed the tests with flying colours too

good with it meaning full refund if unhappy? wouldn't want to risk a credit note

Original Poster

Johnboy_1975

AFAIK Cex are pretty strict on their gradings for phones, so "A" … AFAIK Cex are pretty strict on their gradings for phones, so "A" condition should mean that

thanks for that, have you bought a phone from them before?

I sold my phone there and I thought it was ace, they only graded it a 'b' though so I lost out on 20 quid, I still couldn't find a mark on it so they are pretty strict.

If you do it quick enough with a receipt they have to give you cash. I think

Original Poster

firth_face

I sold my phone there and I thought it was ace, they only graded it a 'b' … I sold my phone there and I thought it was ace, they only graded it a 'b' though so I lost out on 20 quid, I still couldn't find a mark on it so they are pretty strict.If you do it quick enough with a receipt they have to give you cash. I think

ta, just read this

tems may be returned for refund or exchange provided CeX is notified via email at [email protected]webuy.com within eight [8] days of delivery of the item. CeX must also be notified via email at [email protected]webuy.com of any items that have been delivered incorrectly or incomplete within eight [8] days of delivery of the item.

Outside of eight [8] days, CeX reserves the right to refuse any refund or exchange requested for items which are not faulty.

might give it a punt

Yeah, it'll take like 3 minutes to decide whether you're happy with condition, so 8 days should be plenty of time!!

Original Poster

firth_face

Yeah, it'll take like 3 minutes to decide whether you're happy with … Yeah, it'll take like 3 minutes to decide whether you're happy with condition, so 8 days should be plenty of time!!

you're right, thank you
Edited by: "michelleleemoo" 9th Dec 2010

Whatever you do, don't google CEX CUSTOMER SERVICE

michelleleemoo

you're right, thank you

Not a problem, I do hope you enjoy your purchase!

Original Poster

Mallinersha

Whatever you do, don't google CEX CUSTOMER SERVICE

hmmmmm

firth_face

I sold my phone there and I thought it was ace, they only graded it a 'b' … I sold my phone there and I thought it was ace, they only graded it a 'b' though so I lost out on 20 quid, I still couldn't find a mark on it so they are pretty strict.If you do it quick enough with a receipt they have to give you cash. I think

An A grade is still brand new in box, anything below this is normally Grade B regardless if it's perfect... Thats how i find anyway...

Banned

Make sure you put whatever you buy in a tub of bleach for at least 4 days before using.

Original Poster

vibeone

Make sure you put whatever you buy in a tub of bleach for at least 4 days … Make sure you put whatever you buy in a tub of bleach for at least 4 days before using.

its not a vibrator you nob X)

Check out these excellent reviews of CeX by fellow HUKD users: http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/merchant/cex/reviews

Even the positive ones are negative!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769557
    2. 5am gym crew20140
    3. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games33
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849

See more discussions