Does nobody leave feedback on ebay anymore?

Found 1st Feb 2016
Had a clear out over christmas, put quite a few items on ebay most of them sold 25 in total at the beginning of january. Sent them all by royal mail. Not one single person has left me feedback. It would be nice for them to leave feedback so I know they received item ok.

38 Comments

no news is good news as they say. I get feedback but not off everyone and think maybe they are just busy or only go on to buy one or two thing and dont bother for a while. Plus its not obligatory just good manners. I am not bothered anymore getting positive feedback just more bothered receiving a unwarranted neg.
Edited by: "caverncity" 1st Feb 2016

Editor

Yeah, I sometimes forget to leave feedback as I'm not on that often, or I just add it next time i'm on (which could be weeks or months later. As caverncity says: 'No news is good news', if there was an issue you would know about it.
Edited by: "millarcat" 1st Feb 2016

bugs the he'll out of me when someone doesn't

Personally I started waiting a few weeks to leave feedback just incase anything goes wrong.
Of course the delay does occasionally mean I forgot and don't post the feedback for a month.

If I'm the seller I wait a couple of weeks at least (even if they have left feedback) just in case. As a buyer I don't leave feedback straight away but always do down the line. If you use recorded delivery then at least you know it has arrived and can sleep a bit easier

tallpete33

If I'm the seller I wait a couple of weeks at least (even if they have … If I'm the seller I wait a couple of weeks at least (even if they have left feedback) just in case. As a buyer I don't leave feedback straight away but always do down the line. If you use recorded delivery then at least you know it has arrived and can sleep a bit easier

I sent a recorded item two weeks ago today and it still says we have your item, but haven't heard from seller either oO

As a seller I normally wait for buyer to leave feed back then about once a month go see who hasn't and leave them feedback it normally jogs their memory and I get some back. As a buyer I leave feedback almost as soon as item arrives I still think it's a really important part of eBay and should be used more

I think roughly every 10 items i sell i get 1 feedback.

Certainly much less than there used to be.
But by not leaving feedback the whole system will fail. Most people won't buy from a seller with zero or little feedback, but then the buyers won't leave it! If it carries on like that new sellers won't stand a chance...

I bought something recently that needed collecting, when I collected the seller made a big deal about me leaving them feedback as they were new to selling. Have I had feedback in return?? Course not

Banned

ceres

In my experience, less than 50% of buyers now leave feedback. It seems … In my experience, less than 50% of buyers now leave feedback. It seems to me to have declined in the last couple of years. Cuts both ways though. As a seller, I wait for a buyer to leave feedback so that I know it arrived safely. If they don't do it, they don't get feedback either.

​i dont think I would leave your any feedback too.
shame the way you act!

I use to always give feedback about 20 days after I receive the item sometimes longer depending on what it is, now I honestly haven't given feedback since start 2015 - totally forget to and eBay doesn't remind you as much as before sometimes you get the odd email about leaving feedback for your recent purchase(s) but I'm sure that's trigged by the seller requesting feedback not actual eBay? Not sure as its only major sellers I get this from like Argos tesco outlets ect not the average seller

mattinhull

bugs the he'll out of me when someone doesn't

Same here, I always leave feedback whether Good, Bad, or indifferent, I wish other people would do the same it doesn't take long, I think eBay should do something about it, if you leave feedback for someone and they don't leave any for you eBay shouldn't publish the feedback until both parties have left feedback for the item.

i have noticed the same situation people have stopped leaving me feedback, i am only getting about 50% feedback.

As a seller I leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays, even if they haven't yet received the item, they have fulfilled their part of the deal.

pb2201

As a seller I leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays, even if they … As a seller I leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays, even if they haven't yet received the item, they have fulfilled their part of the deal.

Same here and have 100% feedback
Probably part the reason your not left feedback as the buyer can't be bothered as they haven't been left any
Only time I didnt leave feedback was a 0 rated new buyer and i thought it was a scam and would be held to feedback ransom
All was good though , you gotta start somewhere

Only 1 feedback left after selling 3 items,all arrived according to tracking.
I always wait till feedback is left too before leaving any.

I sold 6 items and received 3 feedback's- It's purely down to the the buyer.

I tend to do it in batches, when have 8 to 12 awaiting feedback, I would do it in one go.

Yea, for years the majority would leave feedback, maybe 70%. In the last few years 30% at best. Ebay should just auto leave feedback after 60 days.

It's the new app, it's terrible.

Ive always left feedback as a buyer! But im finding the sellers dont leave feedback! Ive even messaged the sellers on the odd occasion, with 1 replying back they will leave it. Never did.

As said previously no news is good news when it comes to Ebay. Not that I sell much these days but I only leave feedback for buyers and the last 5 things I've sold no feedback has been returned.
Edited by: "freakstyler" 2nd Feb 2016

It's not much better on here. I am missing 3 or 4 feedbacks. (_;):D

They should offer extra incentive, such as £1 of credit per x feedback given

not fussed. if they leave feedback i do and bin the proof of postage.

ebay on my hate list, right up with virgin............(_;)

ceres

In my experience, less than 50% of buyers now leave feedback. It seems … In my experience, less than 50% of buyers now leave feedback. It seems to me to have declined in the last couple of years. Cuts both ways though. As a seller, I wait for a buyer to leave feedback so that I know it arrived safely. If they don't do it, they don't get feedback either.

Im exactly the same as this. Got hundreds outstanding!

As a buyer I leave feedback after around 3/4 weeks. As a seller I wait a few days after despatch.

A couple of years ago I used to receive feedback for almost every item sold, but now it's probably 2 out of every 10. So I always send them a quick message after 2 weeks or so just to remind them to leave feedback if they're happy with the item & service. It usually works, I think most people just forget.

Banned

Sometimes you have to ask via message for them to leave feedback.

Banned

Aiden1512

As a buyer I leave feedback after around 3/4 weeks.

Why so long? As long as you received the item and you're happy with it then don't stall the feedback any longer.

tallpete33

If I'm the seller I wait a couple of weeks at least (even if they have … If I'm the seller I wait a couple of weeks at least (even if they have left feedback) just in case. As a buyer I don't leave feedback straight away but always do down the line. If you use recorded delivery then at least you know it has arrived and can sleep a bit easier

​Even less in my experience and dwindling sharply. Sold 60 only 10 feedback in return. When i do eventually get a neg it will look worse on my percentage as a result, thats not fair...

I usually didn't leave feedback when I wasn't happy with an item. When people would message begging for feedback i'd always neg them. No feedback is better than neg feedback. People need to realise that.

yeah it sucks. paypal refuse to release funds if buyer doesn't leave feedback

redmouse2

yeah it sucks. paypal refuse to release funds if buyer doesn't leave … yeah it sucks. paypal refuse to release funds if buyer doesn't leave feedback

Joke, yeah, not sureoO

I always drop them a message a few days after they've received the item to remind them to receive feedback.
Usually works.

ndksamb

I sent a recorded item two weeks ago today and it still says we have your … I sent a recorded item two weeks ago today and it still says we have your item, but haven't heard from seller either oO

I've just received a message from eBay saying buyer wants a refund as they have not yet received item, quite annoying seeing as this is the 1st time buyer has even been in contact, who really waits almost 3 weeks before getting in touch with seller requesting a straight refund?

Got about 10 items (from China) purchased and delivered a couple of weeks ago, and all received within this last week.
Just tried to leave feedback. However the estimated delivery window only begins 2 weeks from now
So, can't leave feedback yet - will probably forget etc. etc ....................
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants