Does numbing cream work if having a tattoo?

Found 19th Oct 2011
My husband has booked to have a tattoo done. He is wanting to get some numbing cream but is it any good?
Community Updates
Misc
24 Comments
Banned
men dont use numbing cream
Original Poster
He is the biggest baby and not convinced he will go through with it, but he really wants one.
yes, but not emla, thats pants. i used to use a little tube that came in a white and orange box, cant for the life of me remember what it is called, but you can get it from the chemist. it has to be put on correctly and sealed fully with cling film and surgical tape an hour before the tattoo, if air gets in, it wont work.
tatemze

yes, but not emla, thats pants. i used to use a little tube that came in … yes, but not emla, thats pants. i used to use a little tube that came in a white and orange box, cant for the life of me remember what it is called, but you can get it from the chemist. it has to be put on correctly and sealed fully with cling film and surgical tape an hour before the tattoo, if air gets in, it wont work.

its called ametop gel thats what i use for mine,its great stuff x
Tell him to man up.harsh but true,people have different pain thresholds,all i can say is that when i have had both my arms and lower leg done parts felt like i was having a shard of glass dragged thru my skin,all worth it though in the end.
Original Poster
Thank you for you quick replies. Going to order now from internet.
i wasnt sure about using this on my first, i thought the first bit was bad-more of a shock than anything then its not bad really the pain, really varies on where its going to be on the body though painwise
and how big is it going to be?
Edited by: "JACKIT99" 19th Oct 2011
baxterboy

Tell him to man up.harsh but true,people have different pain … Tell him to man up.harsh but true,people have different pain thresholds,all i can say is that when i have had both my arms and lower leg done parts felt like i was having a shard of glass dragged thru my skin,all worth it though in the end.

Really?

And people pay for this, madness
What a wuss
sancho1983

[quote=baxterboy]Tell him to man up.harsh but true,people have different … [quote=baxterboy]Tell him to man up.harsh but true,people have different pain thresholds,all i can say is that when i have had both my arms and lower leg done partsfelt like i was having a shard of glass dragged thru my skin,all worth it though in the end.

Really?

I had similar feeling having ankle and feet done , from my exsperience it helps alot to focus the mind away from the pain as much as possible
also eating alot before helps lots as i have tryed it both ways
Edited by: "JACKIT99" 19th Oct 2011
I could only suggest him rubbing it on his head to numb his mind not on the area he want's it, i've spent the last two years getting one lasered off my arm, more painful than getting it on in the first place, please get him to change his mind he is going to hate it when he is older.
JACKIT99

Really?I had similar feeling having ankle and feet done , from my … Really?I had similar feeling having ankle and feet done , from my exsperience it helps alot to focus the mind away from the pain as much as possible also eating alot before helps lots as i have tryed it both ways

Oo err missus
sancho1983

Oo err missus

ment i tryed it with empty stomach and is much worse i thought than being full

Haha excellent should be tattooed from head to foot after drinking that stuff won't feel a thing lol

Goodwood

This will … This will work[img]http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Images/ExternalImages/ProductsDetailed/22/055222.jpg?ts=634064477427[/img]

you can easily pass out with boos gets em and they usaully have a sign saying they wont tattoo anyone thats been drinking

Banned
Tattoo advice from JACKIT - is like asking Mcdonalds to look after your cow X)
Sloth/Mod
The reason they don't like tattooing people who have been drinking is nothing to do with passing out......it's because alcohol thins the blood and thus you bleed a lot more.
Syzable

The reason they don't like tattooing people who have been drinking is … The reason they don't like tattooing people who have been drinking is nothing to do with passing out......it's because alcohol thins the blood and thus you bleed a lot more.

Plus you might end up with tattoos like jack's
Ametop gel £260.22 on amazon!

Woah that's pricey.
KM4353

Woah that's pricey.

Nearly 5 years worth of inflation...
Edited by: "RossD89" 2nd Sep 2016
RossD89

I may have had a tipple or two when I wrote that ......
RossD89

(I don't even remember writing it tbh, and numbing cream is for wimps, IMO_
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants