Does Ps2games work on the Ps3?

hi, does anyone know if the games from the Ps2 work on the Ps3 console?
thanks!x

15 Comments

If you have a 60GB PS3 then yes. If not i.e you have the 40GB one then most likely no unless you have a hardware update on it

they will only work on the origianl 60gb models, the new 40gb models are not backwards compatible

Original Poster

damn!!just sold the ps2console to raise money for the ps3 but kept bombermen and buzz thinking that they will work on the ps3 console

Yes the PS3 can play PS2/PSTwo games as well as PSOne. :thumbsup:

You must makesure that you get the 60GB PS3 Version of the console as only that is backward compatible (80% of games work)

Original Poster

aw, thanks for all your help guys!!

Original Poster

reps added to u three, thanks again

Silly Sony

Moved to misc, feedback is only for HUKD issues.

Banned

yeh. not all games will work but most of them should. i have 1 and games like cricket 2002 and 3-4 year old games sometimesw dont work

You can find out which games are compatible with the 60GB model ]here

Original Poster

emmajk42;2053010

Moved to misc, feedback is only for HUKD issues.

silly me, sorry emma, made this mistake again!!blonde moment

Original Poster

lilsmithy;2053053

You can find out which games are compatible with the 60GB model ]here

thanks lilsmithy, rep added to u too

Arizolas;2052343

Silly Sony

It was not "silly", that makes it sound as though they forgot to add support for PS2 games by accident.

It was a deliberate attempt by Sony to move people on to the PS3 platform AND encourage them to buy new PS3 games.

If they kept supporting the PS2 games many people would just continue to buy and play PS2 games.

Also by removing the support for PS2 games it allowed them to reduce the price of the PS3, making it nearer the price of the XBox and encouraging a growth in sales.

Original Poster

guilbert53;2054127

It was not "silly", that makes it sound as though they forgot to add … It was not "silly", that makes it sound as though they forgot to add support for PS2 games by accident. It was a deliberate attempt by Sony to move people on to the PS3 platform AND encourage them to buy new PS3 games.If they kept supporting the PS2 games many people would just continue to buy and play PS2 games.Also by removing the support for PS2 games it allowed them to reduce the price of the PS3, making it nearer the price of the XBox and encouraging a growth in sales.

fair enough, just didnt think of whether the games would work in a ps3.

Original Poster

YOO;2053027

yeh. not all games will work but most of them should. i have 1 and games … yeh. not all games will work but most of them should. i have 1 and games like cricket 2002 and 3-4 year old games sometimesw dont work

Its really the buzz games, bomberman, hello kitty that i have got and would really like to keep hold off
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …248810
    2. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE22
    3. Denon AVRX 2400H @ Peter Tyson £399.9934
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764555

See more discussions