Does screenbleed get any worse over time or does it stay the same?

Found 23rd Feb 2015
Hi
I just got a lenovo laptop from a deal posted here. It has a screenbleed which is only visible on the black screen on boot up, other than that I don't notice it.
Just wanted to know if it will get worse over time or stay the same?
Cheers
Community Updates
9 Comments
it will get worse over time from moving and stuff, might last a long time or short jus depends
missleading

Stays the same, assuming you mean light bleed?

Yes, I think so from the backlight? Similar to this, but maybe not as bad.

http://maiella.uk/misc%20pictures/IMG_20150213_225245.jpg

Edited by: "Gooner77" 23rd Feb 2015
It's a manufacturing defect and should be replaced under warranty. It won't get worse, but some people have reported theirs has actually gotten better. Led backlit next time ;-)
my tv is the same. I thought it was a normal thing. do you think I should contact the manufacturer since I'm still under warranty.?
Light bleeding is a standard thing with LCD monitors. It's a compromise of vibrate bright colours or true black screens. Two things you can do.
1) Turn down the brightness
2) Raise the background light in the room to adjust your eyes.

OLED Monitors might fix this in the future but that doesn't help you.

Only thing to watch out for is dust between the LCD and backlight but that's very rare.
Edited by: "kester76" 23rd Feb 2015
Light bleeding can be normal especially with some products such as IPS displays, it really depends on how severe it is. If you believe it warrants a claim under the products warranty then I suggest you do so - I'm sure the manufacturer will inform you if they believe it is acceptable or not.

Remember most people are not going to sit there with a completely black screen. My Dell IPS monitor has a very small amount however it has never really bothered me and I've had the monitor over 2 years.
Edited by: "joshp" 23rd Feb 2015
Thanks folks for the replies.
kester76

Light bleeding is a standard thing with LCD monitors. It's a compromise … Light bleeding is a standard thing with LCD monitors. It's a compromise of vibrate bright colours or true black screens. Two things you can do.

Backlight bleed is specifically the phenomenon of higher brightness around the edge of the screen (in this case the corners) rather than just the normal functioning of the LCD cells that don't block out all light.
EndlessWaves

Backlight bleed is specifically the phenomenon of higher brightness … Backlight bleed is specifically the phenomenon of higher brightness around the edge of the screen (in this case the corners) rather than just the normal functioning of the LCD cells that don't block out all light.

Sorry by backlight bleeding I meant the whole backlight uniformity. There's lot of different types that effect backlight uniformity but they all pretty much mean excess light leaking through where it should be more uniformed. Check out http://www.cnet.com/news/is-lcd-and-led-lcd-hdtv-uniformity-a-problem/
I get the one with spots on a old CCFL LG TV. To be honest I've not seen a TV or Monitor that doesn't show this sort of thing under the right conditions.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants