Does signing up to Gambling Websites effect your Credit Rating?

Found 13th Nov 2012
So this is a follow up from:
hotukdeals.com/tag…=34

Now I know some of you will be up in arms about this and say its tom foolery but hear me out.

I found this thread:
thestudentroom.co.uk/sho…=42

You can see an image of a person who has signed up for a gambling website and this is reflected on his credit report.

Does this mean in the future that person will not be able to get a mortgage?
Community Updates
MiscBettingWeb Hosting
8 Comments
William Hill do a credit check that stays on your credit file.
They all do credit checks.

But no-one has ever been turned down because their credit has been checked by bookmakers.
Banned
So gamblers can't get mortgages?
dimebars

So gamblers can't get mortgages?

Bad gamblers can't
I can see why it would show up on your credit rating but would think it would only affect it you constantly put money into them.

I am guessing they would be monitoring the frequency of deposits rather than the fact that you just signed up to it.
Banned
greg_68

I can see why it would show up on your credit rating but would think it … I can see why it would show up on your credit rating but would think it would only affect it you constantly put money into them.I am guessing they would be monitoring the frequency of deposits rather than the fact that you just signed up to it.

that info isnt held by credit agencies; only regular payment & default info.
No... Or mine would be awful - and it's actually very good!
Hi,

It's worth adding that although the fact it appears on your credit score isn't an issue it can still affect you applying or things such as loans/mortgages.

This is because if the lender is strict on lending or the affordability is touch and go they will evaluate the case on an individual basis and they do this but looking at bank statements for an understanding of the customer. If they see a DD or payments to a gambling company it's game over.

Not always the case but worth being careful if your credit isn't fantastic in the first place and you are thinking about getting a mortgage soon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants