Does Skrill hold funds like PayPal?

Found 25th Jun 2015
I've never used Skrill before and I am wondering, do they hold funds when you receive a payment like PayPal? The money is from a family member, is there an option to select a family payment or not in Skrill? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I use skrill for online poker and have it linked to my bank , you have to normally pay a small fee for a withdrawl
don't know if there is a free transfer option or not
johnjohn44

I use skrill for online poker and have it linked to my bank , you have to … I use skrill for online poker and have it linked to my bank , you have to normally pay a small fee for a withdrawldon't know if there is a free transfer option or not

I don't mind paying a small fee for withdrawals, what I want to know is do they hold funds like PayPal?
in theory yes as I have over £200 sitting in there at the moment as a gambling account , but never had a problem withdrawing it
johnjohn44

in theory yes as I have over £200 sitting in there at the moment as a … in theory yes as I have over £200 sitting in there at the moment as a gambling account , but never had a problem withdrawing it

What I meant was, not holding it myself, do they hold it for security reasons or verification reasons etc, e.g PayPal holds funds for new users for 21 days.
had mine for about 4 years so cant really answer
wouldn't a bank transfer be better for u?
johnjohn44

had mine for about 4 years so cant really answerwouldn't a bank transfer … had mine for about 4 years so cant really answerwouldn't a bank transfer be better for u?

They don't have online banking and therefore cannot make any outgoing payments. I would also use Skrill as a payment method for eBay, as I personally hate PayPal from past experience.
Edited by: "mikethelad" 25th Jun 2015
I don't have online banking , I have skrill linked to my bank account , I aint sure if ebay take skrill as payment as ebay own paypal
johnjohn44

I don't have online banking , I have skrill linked to my bank account , I … I don't have online banking , I have skrill linked to my bank account , I aint sure if ebay take skrill as payment as ebay own paypal

You can use Skrill as a payment method for eBay but you have to contact Skrill so they can integrate the payment system so I can sell on eBay and receive money in Skrill instead of using PayPal.

PayPal and eBay are shortly becoming separate companies, so how are sellers going to receive money and how are buyers going to pay?
pretty sure ebay will still integrate with PayPal, Just paypal are looking to broaden what they are to try and compete with the likes of apple pay and others
Hi mate, could you message me please, I've tried to PM you but apparently you don't have private messaging enabled
SilenceOfTheBirds

Hi mate, could you message me please, I've tried to PM you but apparently … Hi mate, could you message me please, I've tried to PM you but apparently you don't have private messaging enabled

You might be in for a wait, he's been suspended...
They don't have a security waiting time, you get the payment sent to you and then you have to accept it from your account online
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants