Groups

Does standard tv look good on a 32" tv?

I've been wanting to buy a lcd television for a while now, but one things thats always bothered me is the quality. I won't be using it to display any HD video, and was just wondering if normal tv looks good on sets this size.

5 Comments

I have one, looks great may also depend on your TV model though.

Would define freeview as normal TV? If thats the case, anything not 'HD' is fine.

I think it also depends on viewing distance. I think optimum viewing distance for a 32" is about 6 - 8 foot

Original Poster

Deal4Me

I have one, looks great may also depend on your TV model though.Would … I have one, looks great may also depend on your TV model though.Would define freeview as normal TV? If thats the case, anything not 'HD' is fine.

Yeah I'm talking about viewing freeview, well thats good to know anyway. I always had the impression that it would look pixelated on a larger set. I won't be sitting close to the tv though, so that should help too.

At least you're not one of the many people under the illusion that buying an LCD means everything is suddenly high-def

Might be worth looking for reviews on the particular set you are interested in as some are better handling standard definition than others.

Got a 32" Sony and the picture is excellent, just waiting till it breaks so I can get something bigger.

Btw where do people put their thin lcd's, do you hang them on the wall or have them in the corner of the room?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky66
      2. Chromecast11
      3. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost518
      4. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?22

See more discussions