Expired

Does such a product exist??

Found 21st Jul 2012
Powerline adapters transfer your internet connection through your mains wires.

Is there any way of sending a roof aerial signal in a similar way?

Basically trying to get a TV signal for Freeview HD in my bedroom from our roof aerial.
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
They are called homeplugs
They are called Butt plugs.
You want to transfer a signal from your aerial through your wires and back out into your tv?
Shergy serious thread here bro.
jonny619447

You want to transfer a signal from your aerial through your wires and … You want to transfer a signal from your aerial through your wires and back out into your tv?

Yes, my parents wont allow me to drill holes in my ceiling to run a wire from the roof aerial to my room
JamesClark1991

Yes, my parents wont allow me to drill holes in my ceiling to run a wire … Yes, my parents wont allow me to drill holes in my ceiling to run a wire from the roof aerial to my room

I'm not sure you would have much of a signal left once it reached your tv though.
Shengis

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=av+sender&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&psj=1&ei=tjYLUOe1MOPN0QWfzITPCg&ved=0CIABEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=90fe06c707c49d57&biw=1280&bih=615

He doesn't want a sender, he wants to to send the signal through his mains wiring, much the same way homeplugs work. Don't think its possible.
no u can't because the electrical interference will destroy the signal! simple answer after i already tried to find out before :)!
jonny619447

He doesn't want a sender, he wants to to send the signal through his … He doesn't want a sender, he wants to to send the signal through his mains wiring, much the same way homeplugs work. Don't think its possible.

Thats why I offer this solution. Add one of these to a freeview box + magic eye in the loft and away you go
sunilm

no u can't because the electrical interference will destroy the signal! … no u can't because the electrical interference will destroy the signal! simple answer after i already tried to find out before :)!

Not really something you should need "to find out"

You wouldn't need to stick your cock in a food blender to realise its not a good idea.
None of the above will work, no aerial = no TV picture/sound.

You could try a portable set top aerial, it may/may not work.
Inactive

None of the above will work, no aerial = no TV picture/sound.You could … None of the above will work, no aerial = no TV picture/sound.You could try a portable set top aerial, it may/may not work.

OOOOkey then a DVB-T2 dongle then!
Seems like it's a no go by the sounds GUTTING
Why not send the aerial lead out of the eaves, down the external wall and drill into the room at about skirting board level.
JamesClark1991

Yes, my parents wont allow me to drill holes in my ceiling to run a wire … Yes, my parents wont allow me to drill holes in my ceiling to run a wire from the roof aerial to my room

Move out.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants