Does T-mobile or Orange cut you off when crossing networks to Orange or T-mobile in a call?

I have an old HTC Hero which I am going to say goodbye to when upgrading. Im on T-mobile sometimes the signal is rubish and has to swap over to Orange and cuts me straight off the call.

So was wondering if this happens with the latest phones when swapping networks or does it swap networks with no problem?

Thanks

5 Comments

It shouldn't really happen, try selecting orange manually and try making a call, it should work.

Settings/Wireless & networks/Mobile networks/Network operators/Select networks and choose Orange.
Edited by: "lilraul" 2nd May 2011

Original Poster

lilraul

It shouldn't really happen, try selecting orange manually and try making … It shouldn't really happen, try selecting orange manually and try making a call, it should work.Settings/Wireless & networks/Mobile networks/Network operators/Select networks and choose Orange.

My network is T-mobile but sometimes when Im in a call and dont realise I have weak signal it cuts me off the call and changes networks. Was wondering if it swaps netwoks and leaves you on the call with the latest phone because not too sure if to stay on the same network.

Ive got a Nokia N8 and it swaps networks back and forth without problems when ive been on calls

noddle36

My network is T-mobile but sometimes when Im in a call and dont realise I … My network is T-mobile but sometimes when Im in a call and dont realise I have weak signal it cuts me off the call and changes networks. Was wondering if it swaps netwoks and leaves you on the call with the latest phone because not too sure if to stay on the same network.

It normally should cut you off, my suggested was to select orange manually so it doesn't keep swapping networks.

Original Poster

lilraul

It normally should cut you off, my suggested was to select orange … It normally should cut you off, my suggested was to select orange manually so it doesn't keep swapping networks.

The only bad thing about swapping to Orange is I dont seem to get any interent on my phone and seems to swap back to T-mobile when got some signal back.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949
    2. GOT Leaks again415
    3. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions