Does Tesco call you after a delivery?

Found 17th Aug 2017
Bit of an odd one. It has been a while since I shopped online with Tesco groceries but both recent times, I have had a call a couple of hours after delivery to query if everything was alright with my delivery.
I just find this a bit strange and wondered if it was standard policy of theirs now?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Probably just a quick feedback check. As long as they don't request any payment details or personal information, it's most likely fine.
Original Poster
preecey3 m ago

Probably just a quick feedback check. As long as they don't request any …Probably just a quick feedback check. As long as they don't request any payment details or personal information, it's most likely fine.

I'm not worried about it, just find it a bit odd that they waste their time/money to call me when there isn't a reason to.
I had a delivery last week and no call after.
Edited by: "hearts22" 17th Aug 2017
Have my shopping there once or twice a week , never get a call, sometimes get a text if its turning up late .
Original Poster
Very odd then!
I have a delivery every week never had a a phone call.....had to phone them a few times about the strange substitutions they make I wonder if they phone customers who aren't 'regulars' to try and make sure no problems in the hope they order regularly.
I had a call following a delivery a couple of months ago. Wanted to know if all was ok with the delivery,if the driver was polite and if the substitutions were acceptable. Have shopped online for ages and this was the first time I had a call.
Original Poster
Thanks everyone.
Perhaps I won't get one next time!
What was the point of asking this ? I'm intrigued.
Original Poster
Rednirah1 m ago

What was the point of asking this ? I'm intrigued.

Just wondered if it was normal protocol for Tesco customer service to do this as obviously if I had a problem, I'd contact them!
same delivery driver..?
Original Poster
dataload1 m ago

same delivery driver..?

No
Skaman13 h, 46 m ago

I have a delivery every week never had a a phone call.....had to phone …I have a delivery every week never had a a phone call.....had to phone them a few times about the strange substitutions they make I wonder if they phone customers who aren't 'regulars' to try and make sure no problems in the hope they order regularly.

Don't think so. I'm not a regular and haven't got any calls the very few times I've used them.
Yes. I kept getting a call whilst at work each week 3 times in a row, so text the number asking who it was as they didnt leave a message. Text back saying it was Tesco checking if I was happy with my delivery, and said they'd remove me from their calls.
It can't be a bad thing if they're trying to improve their service. You might have a suggestion or small complaint that you wouldn't normally go out if your way to contact them about. I guess it could be annoying for some. Doesn't bother me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions