does the hudl2 have miracast?

Found 29th Aug 2015
trying to get screen from hudl2 to lg smart tv without cables!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Yes - I cast my screen via the XBox One the other day. Under 'Settings' > 'Display' > 'Cast Screen'
I've casted to my Chromecast on my TV, it has android 4.2.2 and has a cast screen option
Original Poster
can see" settings">"display">"wi-di" but no"cast screen"
Original Poster
do I need to get chromecast then? I thought mirracast was built into android on hudl2
I also have a cast screen button on the pull down settings menu from top right (this button was added on an update apparently).
Have you checked for updates?
the cast screen only shows if a chromecast is connected to the tv, if you don't have one it won't give you option to cast
Also, do you have the latest updates? Mine only had the cast feature after a fairly hefty update was done earlier this year.
clanbrasil

do I need to get chromecast then? I thought mirracast was built into … do I need to get chromecast then? I thought mirracast was built into android on hudl2

The tv has to have a receiver to pick up the image. The chromecast has the ability to cast a screen from the Android os. Some tvs use a different casting technique (names I can't remember of the top of my head). My LG smart tv doesn't work with my Samsung note 3, but works fine with my gf kindle fire.

The chromecast works just as fine though.
Original Poster
thank you all for your replies.i will probably invest in chromecast.i love the intelligent advice offered on this site!
Or you could buy a HDMI cable for the HUDL. Personally I use Chromecast with mine and it works great. You can also use it with your phone, laptop and/PC. In fact, go mad, buy 2!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions