Groups
    EXPIRED

Does this external HDD work with Vista and PS3?

ebuyer.com/pro…ons

wondering if anyone has one of these and knows if it does or not?

or has a link to an under £50 external drive.

thanks in advance, will leave rep.

4 Comments

Sure works with Vista, but there are certain issues with it not worrking if been connected for a long time. but might be a one off thing. not sure about the ps3 though.

Original Poster

thanks

That sort of thing should work with any modern OS, I can't comment on the PS3 either though.

The biggest issue with the portable hard drives is that they don't work on some USB ports. Most drives come with a second USB cable or a split USB cable to provide more power to make them work but I can't see any mention of that in the specs on ebuyer, although the manufacturer's website may say.

I got a 160GB laCie mobile disk from dabs in January for £56 which has been great, they don't seem to be doing it anymore though. You might be able to get the western digital portable elements 160GB for around £50 too, PC world had it on display last time I went in. Make sure it's the portable version though, there's a similar desktop version.

Original Poster

pcworld.co.uk/mar…233

found this one, thanks endless, added rep.

anyone know if this one works with PS3?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue47
      2. Washer Dryer33
      3. Anyone ever had a ginormous box from amazon with virtually nothing inside?69
      4. What is the best android phone used under £50 for Whatsapp?11

See more discussions