Does Three's Data Reward SIM still work in smartphones?

Found 27th Aug 2017
I'm asking because for a few weeks now the SIM has been unable to activate the 200MB through the three.co.uk/fre…ata site. stating there there's been a problem and to 'try again in a few minutes'. I also have some other queries about this SIM:

1. Can voicemail be activated
2. How does one go about topping this up? Like a normal Three SIM?
3. Are the rates 321? Phoning 444 on the SIM states that the SIM is on the 'old PAYG rates' and to convert to the 321 rates
4. Does the 200MB stack, or is it simply 'replenished' after 30 days?
5. Has anybody had problems using it as their daily SIM in their smartphone?

If anyone can answer even just one of these it'll be a tremendous help for me! Unfortunately Three's Customer Support state to simply 'try again' in activating the SIM, which hasn't worked for weeks now. I'm not sure how long I should bother for with this SIM!
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I had the same and tried everything but got same as you and this was in a dongle, phoned support twice and they said they would handle it, first time still no joy after a week, the second guy put a free 1Gb on the account and that has been working but no sign of the 200mb so will have to wait a month to see if he has managed to register for me.
Top up like a normal three sim, either via your account or by number. The 200 us fir one month only, it uses the 321 payg outside if that. It supposedly works abroad but in the USbat the moment and we gave 4 sims and can't call home data is ok though but only 3G and is workable. Tried to get customer service to fix it last night on two of the sims and they gave us £10 credit on each sim but couldn't get the calls or texts to work. Got up this morning and can text and call each other but not back home. Using on iPhones one of our sims was used in our youngest Iphone fir about 4 or 5 months until recently with no issues.
maddogb14 h, 52 m ago

I had the same and tried everything but got same as you and this was in a …I had the same and tried everything but got same as you and this was in a dongle, phoned support twice and they said they would handle it, first time still no joy after a week, the second guy put a free 1Gb on the account and that has been working but no sign of the 200mb so will have to wait a month to see if he has managed to register for me.

Ah I see. I phoned them up asking if I could move my credit and number from my current sim to the reward sim. They said they couldn't, but gave me £5 'compensation' as a token of their apologies! Quite nice of them, but like you I still can't activate the 200MB. It's a bit of a hassle. Thanks for the help!

eslick10 h, 39 m ago

Top up like a normal three sim, either via your account or by number. The …Top up like a normal three sim, either via your account or by number. The 200 us fir one month only, it uses the 321 payg outside if that. It supposedly works abroad but in the USbat the moment and we gave 4 sims and can't call home data is ok though but only 3G and is workable. Tried to get customer service to fix it last night on two of the sims and they gave us £10 credit on each sim but couldn't get the calls or texts to work. Got up this morning and can text and call each other but not back home. Using on iPhones one of our sims was used in our youngest Iphone fir about 4 or 5 months until recently with no issues.

Thank you so much! This is also incredibly helpful for me as well, so I really appreciate it. Pretty much answers everything. Three's data is very odd in other countries I've noticed. For instance when I went to Spain, I couldn't use my data at all for some reason (even though it's a Feel at Home destination), rendering the whole FaH scheme a bit useless! When abroad I mainly use WhatsApp now for my calls and texts to back home, using the hotel or public wifi, which doesn't cost anything. If I may ask, can I still receive voicemail to this sim? I read somewhere that the sim may not allow it, but I cannot find the link now. Just want to make sure, as it wouldn't quite make sense to remove the voicemail feature. Thank you!
Basscadet28th Aug

Ah I see. I phoned them up asking if I could move my credit and number …Ah I see. I phoned them up asking if I could move my credit and number from my current sim to the reward sim. They said they couldn't, but gave me £5 'compensation' as a token of their apologies! Quite nice of them, but like you I still can't activate the 200MB. It's a bit of a hassle. Thanks for the help!Thank you so much! This is also incredibly helpful for me as well, so I really appreciate it. Pretty much answers everything. Three's data is very odd in other countries I've noticed. For instance when I went to Spain, I couldn't use my data at all for some reason (even though it's a Feel at Home destination), rendering the whole FaH scheme a bit useless! When abroad I mainly use WhatsApp now for my calls and texts to back home, using the hotel or public wifi, which doesn't cost anything. If I may ask, can I still receive voicemail to this sim? I read somewhere that the sim may not allow it, but I cannot find the link now. Just want to make sure, as it wouldn't quite make sense to remove the voicemail feature. Thank you!

Confirmed voicemail doesn't work.
eslick1 h, 32 m ago

Confirmed voicemail doesn't work.

Ah I see. That's a bummer. I'll try and find a workaround for it but it's not too big of a deal. Thank you ever so much for your help with all this! I appreciate it so much!
eslick28th Aug

Top up like a normal three sim, either via your account or by number. The …Top up like a normal three sim, either via your account or by number. The 200 us fir one month only, it uses the 321 payg outside if that. It supposedly works abroad but in the USbat the moment and we gave 4 sims and can't call home data is ok though but only 3G and is workable. Tried to get customer service to fix it last night on two of the sims and they gave us £10 credit on each sim but couldn't get the calls or texts to work. Got up this morning and can text and call each other but not back home. Using on iPhones one of our sims was used in our youngest Iphone fir about 4 or 5 months until recently with no issues.

so you managed to get through the registration process "after" you topped up?
maddogb9 h, 32 m ago

so you managed to get through the registration process "after" you topped …so you managed to get through the registration process "after" you topped up?

Yeah you don't need to register you can just top up via the phone number there is a link for it. Then use the app to check data etc. We have one number fully registered and three just getting used two we topped up.

web top up at bottom of page.

three.co.uk/Sup…-up
Edited by: "eslick" 30th Aug 2017
eslick9 h, 56 m ago

Yeah you don't need to register you can just top up via the phone number …Yeah you don't need to register you can just top up via the phone number there is a link for it. Then use the app to check data etc. We have one number fully registered and three just getting used two we topped up.web top up at bottom of page.http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Pay_As_You_Go/How_to_top-up

but all the documentation, the weblink and both support guys insisted registration was necessary to get the 200mb, i mean if you don't register how are they supposed to know this sim is on data rewards and not just standard payg?
No idea it just works once you put the dim in, it shows straight away on the app the free 200mb, even on the sims we haven't topped up.
maddogb31st Aug

but all the documentation, the weblink and both support guys insisted …but all the documentation, the weblink and both support guys insisted registration was necessary to get the 200mb, i mean if you don't register how are they supposed to know this sim is on data rewards and not just standard payg?

I finally got it to register. After eslick said to use the app, I tried 'setting up' the app but it didn't work with the SIM. So I reinstalled it and now I can finally register. I have no idea why that fixed it, but apparently the three.co.uk/fre…ata site worked to register, whereas before it didn't.

eslick31st Aug

No idea it just works once you put the dim in, it shows straight away on …No idea it just works once you put the dim in, it shows straight away on the app the free 200mb, even on the sims we haven't topped up.

For some reason the app still doesn't show the 200mb, but fortunately registering an account and logging in on the three website online and checking my balance shows it. The three app is very buggy.
I was using it in a dongle with an older windows pc so relied on the 3 website and that was not showing the 200mb, maybe i'll put it in a phone and try with the app then.
maddogb1st Sep

I was using it in a dongle with an older windows pc so relied on the 3 …I was using it in a dongle with an older windows pc so relied on the 3 website and that was not showing the 200mb, maybe i'll put it in a phone and try with the app then.

Did it work in the end?
Basscadet2 h, 21 m ago

Did it work in the end?

lol not sure lost the dongle, think i left it at my friends.
maddogb6 m ago

lol not sure lost the dongle, think i left it at my friends.

Ah I see haha. Well let us know if you get it to work!
Basscadet7th Sep

Ah I see haha. Well let us know if you get it to work!

found the dongle went to the website and registered first go, must have been their site, even tonight firefox was coming up with security warnings about expired certificates lol
maddogb15 h, 57 m ago

found the dongle went to the website and registered first go, must have …found the dongle went to the website and registered first go, must have been their site, even tonight firefox was coming up with security warnings about expired certificates lol

Ah right lol. Yeah they said they were having problems with their site, but I called them about once a week for nearly three weeks and the problem still wasn't fixed. Three needs to sort out their IT department. Glad it's working for you now!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants