Groups

Does Tiscali block Limewire?

I've not been able to connect to limewire for over a year and not my torrent programs are extremely slow
    Anyone got any knowledge to share?

8 Comments

Most ISPs limit P2P and torrent traffic at peak times. Try after midnight

Original Poster

By 'limit' what speeds do you mean? I know people who are with Virgin and can get perfect speeds all day long.

jonny1_rfc;4578003

By 'limit' what speeds do you mean? I know people who are with Virgin and … By 'limit' what speeds do you mean? I know people who are with Virgin and can get perfect speeds all day long.

Varies from ISP to ISP I know on my BT broadband I can download p2p and torrent traffic @ 500-600 KB/s after midnight and before 1400(ish) but between those times I'm down to less than 20KB/s. Newsgroups I get 600KB/s all day

Most ISP's traffic shape, Some more than others, I'm on BT Broadband and speed is capped round the same time as Paddy's.

Whenever i type something into search nothing happens,its just blank,been like that for months!

Been happening to me since about a year ago too.

I would recommend newsgroups to you

they SHOULD block it.

in my years as a pc tech, just about every computer i serviced that was slow and filled with spyware ****, had a copy of limewire,frostwire or something with wire in the title on it.

like music?
    f**king BUY IT.
    or should we musicians just come and steal from where you work and put your job in jeopardy?

slackrat77;4580806

they SHOULD block it.in my years as a pc tech, just about every computer … they SHOULD block it.in my years as a pc tech, just about every computer i serviced that was slow and filled with spyware ****, had a copy of limewire,frostwire or something with wire in the title on it.like music?f**king BUY IT.or should we musicians just come and steal from where you work and put your job in jeopardy?

Not everything on P2P/torrents is illegal. What about Linux distros, game updates, freeware, etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201355
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1828
      3. word association Game74044546
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller88

See more discussions