Does Virgin Media TV need fibre?

8 replies
Found 5th Jun
Hi guys...
Does anyone know if you NEED fibre broadband to get Virgin Media TV installed?
My new flat has a simple but fine broadband connection and no satellite dish so Virgin could be an option however, whenever I've gone onto their website they have said that it is unavailable at my address due to there not being a fibre connection. Unfortunately, I won't be able to 'upgrade' my Internet but surely Virgin doesn't NEED such a fast connection?
Just trying to keep my options open.
Cheers.

8 Comments

You need to be in a Virgin cabled area. If they don't offer their internet to your building, you won't be able to get their TV services.

Sky Q will be moving to internet only in the near future (no dish required), so might be worth waiting?

Virgin use their own fibre network to deliver TV. If you can't get virgin Broadband then you can't get virgin TV.

If you want a PayTV service but can't have a sky dish and aren't in a virgin cabled area have you considered BT TV. that is delivered using a combination of freeview via TV aerial and fibre broadband

Original Poster

adam_holcombe

You need to be in a Virgin cabled area. If they don't offer their … You need to be in a Virgin cabled area. If they don't offer their internet to your building, you won't be able to get their TV services. Sky Q will be moving to internet only in the near future (no dish required), so might be worth waiting?

Oh really? That's handy. I am a Sky customer but I have one of the (now) old Sky + HD Boxes which is incompatible in my flat. Any idea as to when Sky Q will be going to Internet only?

yes

Frenchmeister21 m ago

Oh really? That's handy. I am a Sky customer but I have one of the (now) …Oh really? That's handy. I am a Sky customer but I have one of the (now) old Sky + HD Boxes which is incompatible in my flat. Any idea as to when Sky Q will be going to Internet only?

2018 seems likely.. pocket-lint.com/new…and

Frenchmeister

Oh really? That's handy. I am a Sky customer but I have one of the (now) … Oh really? That's handy. I am a Sky customer but I have one of the (now) old Sky + HD Boxes which is incompatible in my flat. Any idea as to when Sky Q will be going to Internet only?

could always just use NowTv until SkyQ goes web only.....always plenty of offers for cheap NowTV vouchers on HUKD

Yes but you don't have to have bb package can have tv only which has separate fibre cable

only problem with now tv is that it doesn't show in full hd, only 720p
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien46
    2. Is this junction box wired properly??610
    3. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    4. Foo fighters presale code.1110

See more discussions