Groups

Does warranty get transferred on sale

My ShopTo PS4 order was delivered today. If I sell the console to someone, does the sony warranty get transferred to that person? how do they go about claiming it in case something goes wrong with the console?

5 Comments

The contract/warranty is usally between the shop and customer so strictly speaking no, however how much shops/sony can be bothered to enforce the rule is up to them.
    When working in a shop if someone had the proof of purchase that is all I would check, although over the net is a bit different.

have you registered it? if not then as long as they have a receipt they should be fine as you can buy things as gifts generally I find serial numbers are enough for most manufacturers companies.

Original Poster

justanothercid

have you registered it? if not then as long as they have a receipt they … have you registered it? if not then as long as they have a receipt they should be fine as you can buy things as gifts generally I find serial numbers are enough for most manufacturers companies.

Nope. I have not registered it. Was planning to sell for slight profit on Gumtree. Would a ebay order print be enough as a receipt?

Never had any issue with a warranty when transfered to a different owner. Even Apple was fine about it when i called them up to query sonething-infact they said the warranty was with the product, not the owner.

Original Poster

Rich069

Never had any issue with a warranty when transfered to a different owner. … Never had any issue with a warranty when transfered to a different owner. Even Apple was fine about it when i called them up to query sonething-infact they said the warranty was with the product, not the owner.

Thank you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      4. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515

See more discussions