Groups

Does Windows 2000 have support for WI-FI and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

My main Vista machine has decided to simply refuse to work with the 360 using a crossover cable etc (with my pc being connected wirelessly to the interent) and I have decided I may as well use the pc i got given by mate the other day to control all the internet stuff instead of my vista machine.

As per the title will stuff I have mentioned work properly and do they exist Windows 200 Proffesional.

Tim

6 Comments

yes it can/will work

Why not have a look on the machine, or even use google.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4411280

Why not have a look on the machine, or even use google.

Because:

A: I'm lazy :-D LOL
    B: I don't have a wireless card to put in
    C: I don't have an ethernet NIC to put in
    D: H'm didn't think of google lol

Windows 2000 does support ICS with wi-fi, there's no wizard for it instead you just open the properties of the connection you wish to share then choose the last tab 'sharing' or similar and enable it.

John

timothyw9;4411318

Because:A: I'm lazy :-D LOLB: I don't have a wireless card to put inC: I … Because:A: I'm lazy :-D LOLB: I don't have a wireless card to put inC: I don't have an ethernet NIC to put inD: H'm didn't think of google lol

Well. Ok, just as long as its justified:thumbsup:

have you tried the following, works every time for me. dont know how to post links but search for in google "network bridge force compatibility" and follow the first link. hopes this help. I have done this in vista btw. Any problems just ask
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheer me up please?711
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767520
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941354
      4. Feels weird!924

See more discussions