Groups

Does your 1 week wage cover 1 mortgage rent payment?

Flat weeks wage after tax cover 1 months mortgage or rent?.

Just a yes or no?

Myself yes

58 Comments

No chance

yes

Don't have a mortgage . It did do when I had a mortgage .

yep

Yes.

Yes 2 days covers it

Nope

Yep if l can count rent cut in to with a flat mate.

If wife and I added together, yes, otherwise no.

Yes

Yes.

lol not even close

Yes

Yep, for 2 properties

Nope

No.

Nosey

With overtime yes, just under without.

Nope

Just under by a few quid.

Yes.

Wow....what sort of jobs do you lot have?

Not when I first got a mortgage. About 1.5 weeks. Now. 1 day.... Yes

speckle

Now this is getting personal!

nope

nbgrobbo

Now this is getting personal!

nope... just genuinely interested.... wages in my area aren't that great. I work really hard and am bright but can't for the life of me work out how to up my earnings that much

I could not buy the house I live in. It's x3.5 what I paid but my wage has only doubled in 22 years

speckle

nopenope... just genuinely interested.... wages in my area aren't that … nopenope... just genuinely interested.... wages in my area aren't that great. I work really hard and am bright but can't for the life of me work out how to up my earnings that much

I would not recommend how I got on a steep earning curve - smoking! I've not smoked for 10 years, but back then the directors and senior managers smoked, they got to know me and it helped no end. I saw something the other day saying networking and confidence make more difference than being a hard worker. I also finished school at 16, but did a part time degree in late 20's/early 30's.

nbgrobbo

I would not recommend how I got on a steep earning curve - smoking! I've … I would not recommend how I got on a steep earning curve - smoking! I've not smoked for 10 years, but back then the directors and senior managers smoked, they got to know me and it helped no end. I saw something the other day saying networking and confidence make more difference than being a hard worker. I also finished school at 16, but did a part time degree in late 20's/early 30's.

I agree on networking & confidence. Not a net worker & not naturally confident. Working on the latter... the former is purgatory for me... think I'm going to end up doing something self employed tbh. As for the degree, despite getting 2nd highest out of over 300 pupils at school... I never got to Uni... missed out on a grant my year... and then when I worked out a way to go back they upped fees... then when I planned on qualifying via NHS... they got rid of those grants... I'm going to have to be very resourceful... but I'll get there
    Edited by: "speckle" 7th Dec 2016

speckle

or what sort of dumps do you live in ?

Cyrus

or what sort of dumps do you live in ?

???

When I was working even accounting for working in IT in schools which is notorious for paying badly, at least we live in a housing association place so rent is £91 per week.

Just as well, no locals can afford to live here, no private rents as all holiday lets or second homes.

Its all very subjective, somebody on a lower wage generally has a lower mortgage monthly repayment. So in general as a proportion people will be similar. Obviously there are extremes on either end.

speckle

​Take you live in the south. Move North, you'll never look back!

speckle

I agree on networking & confidence. Not a net worker & not naturally … I agree on networking & confidence. Not a net worker & not naturally confident. Working on the latter... the former is purgatory for me... think I'm going to end up doing something self employed tbh. As for the degree, despite getting 2nd highest out of over 300 pupils at school... I never got to Uni... missed out on a grant my year... and then when I worked out a way to go back they upped fees... then when I planned on qualifying via NHS... they got rid of those grants... I'm going to have to be very resourceful... but I'll get there

I'm not at all comfortable walking into a room of strangers and striking up a sensible conversation, but we've got to force ourselves not to be the one in the corner checking out HDUK on the mobile! All the best to you.
    Edited by: "nbgrobbo" 7th Dec 2016

And yes.

I was earning (at the time over 20 years ago) 12k in London barely able to cover rent let alone buy something. Instantly able to buy, once I came up here (wage obviously somewhat higher now), but my point is that I chose to move somewhere affordable.
    It's all choice.

yes

Actually I'm going to revise my answer to no, as I'm overpaying.
    But it's a shared cost, so factor in the wife's wage and other earnings , and about 20% including overpayments goes on mortgage.
    Get married, ideally to a millionaire

And don't have kids, as that's where our other 80% goes!!!

Rent.. Just
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46

See more discussions