Groups

Doesnt it annoy you when on for sale/wanted threads

Someone says "oh I want this item but I can get it for £10 from a friend/website so want to pay no more than £5 inc postage" when the item could be £100 RRP, £70 on Amazon and about £90 in shops still and they never back it up, or if they do they show links that are out of stock.

Same for something being sold, could be a new pc or a games console and someone says "oh I have had this pc for 5 years it cost £1000 so I want £800 for it, its specs are pentium 3 900mhz" or something similar and can be bought new for cheaper than they say and the person gets annoyed and makes excuses like it gets good reviews still and theirs is some "special" rare model

Lol

7 Comments

I just say 'That's nice........go and buy it then'

and let them keep coming back to bump the thread. :-D

Banned

ryouga

Someone says "oh I want this item but I can get it for £10 from a … Someone says "oh I want this item but I can get it for £10 from a friend/website so want to pay no more than £5 inc postage" when the item could be £100 RRP, £70 on Amazon and about £90 in shops still and they never back it up, or if they do they show links that are out of stock.Same for something being sold, could be a new pc or a games console and someone says "oh I have had this pc for 5 years it cost £1000 so I want £800 for it, its specs are pentium 3 900mhz" or something similar and can be bought new for cheaper than they say and the person gets annoyed and makes excuses like it gets good reviews still and theirs is some "special" rare modelLol

Its called negotiating. You dont have to accept their offer and you can explain why. Surely people can challenge your estimated value? Besides, you get a bump dont you?

Banned

No, but what does annoy me is rude, ignorant sellers

That reminds me, I was browsing eBay earlier, and there was an auction with the starting bid set as £700.

If I remember right, it was for a Celeron system with 256MB RAM, 20/40GB HDD :w00t:

Needless to say, nobody had bid, and I don't see anyone doing so either :?

Original Poster

guv

Its called negotiating. You dont have to accept their offer and you can … Its called negotiating. You dont have to accept their offer and you can explain why. Surely people can challenge your estimated value? Besides, you get a bump dont you?

Im talking more about someone asking for something which is a lot of money retail then they say they are willing to pay like 1/6 of RRP and want item to be immaculate,

Or when someone lists something again which costs say £300 retail and still sells for a few hundred pounds and someone says "hey I offer £30" or something

Thats a silly reply

Banned

ryouga

Im talking more about someone asking for something which is a lot of … Im talking more about someone asking for something which is a lot of money retail then they say they are willing to pay like 1/6 of RRP and want item to be immaculate,Or when someone lists something again which costs say £300 retail and still sells for a few hundred pounds and someone says "hey I offer £30" or somethingThats a silly reply

Maybe. But you get a bump from that - and your reply to say no thanks!

Or when people demand an item needs to be collected but DONT PUT WHERE THEY LIVE!!!! It ****s me right off
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions