Doesnt no one use Rapidshare for cds, films and games? It is legal.. Read on

Does no one use it? Or not know how too? If enough people or interested i will post a thread and guide of how to use it.. Will sure catch some heat and save people £100's a year. Did for me

30 Comments

It's not legal fool

This must be a new definition of legal then ?

Original Poster

i thought it was illegal, so i stopped using it. then i read up, aslong as they are still hosting the files you can download them.. you techinically werent doing anything illegal aslong as you dont upload.. Guessing its a no for the guide then

Banned

lol :roll:

DannyGlover;4203962

i thought it was illegal, so i stopped using it. then i read up, aslong … i thought it was illegal, so i stopped using it. then i read up, aslong as they are still hosting the files you can download them.. you techinically werent doing anything illegal aslong as you dont upload.. Guessing its a no for the guide then

Wrong! It'd only be legal if you own the original files/CDs.

DannyGlover;4203962

i thought it was illegal, so i stopped using it. then i read up, aslong … i thought it was illegal, so i stopped using it. then i read up, aslong as they are still hosting the files you can download them.. you techinically werent doing anything illegal aslong as you dont upload.. Guessing its a no for the guide then

That is true, but don't you in the least bit feel stupid for making a company loose £££? The more £££ they lose, the quicker they will become kaput, and it will be your fault. LMAO I bet you thought 'Hey, i've found a loophole, i'm gonna post it in Deals and get a lot heat, hehehe'. Wrong. You will be losing a number of companies a lot of money.

picked the wrong website

i had a question about traffic sharing, but i found my answer lol. otherwise you coulda came in handy.

I believe it is a civil offence?

Probably not legal but you are sure less likely to be sued.

DannyGlover;4203962

Complete and utter tosh.

The site itself is not illegal at all. Its an online file storage site that does not share in any way members files.

On the other hand, you have members of the site who DO upload copyrighted files and then post the links elsewhere. This act may be illegal, and also downloading the files if they arent your own, but the site itself is not illegal. so its the members who are committing illegal acts, not the site.

:thumbsup:

While the boundaries of legality regarding several things could be stretched, it is pretty rigid concerning file sharing:
it is illegal to distribute copyrighted material!

While you may not get caught downloading material off Rapidshare [as most links are to encrypted rar files], it is WRONG, and you are breaking copyright laws.

Permit me to quote a verse from a holy Book [I happen to read a lot]: All things are permissible, but not all things are helpful . All things may be legitimate, but not all things are constructive [to character] and edifying.

So, it comes down to your ethics. I get all my apps off RS or torrent sites; I only buy music if I can't find what I'm looking for on RS and in turn upload it. :santa:
But, it's wrong and illegal.

Does no one use it? Or not know how too? If enough people or interested i … Does no one use it? Or not know how too? If enough people or interested i will post a thread and guide of how to use it.. Will sure catch some heat and save people £100's a year. Did for me

i see from your avvy you like d12, how far you think they would of got if no-one bought their early stuff and just downloaded it for free? you think they would of bothered making albums?

Banned

kungfu;4206154

i see from your avvy you like d12, how far you think they would of got if … i see from your avvy you like d12, how far you think they would of got if no-one bought their early stuff and just downloaded it for free? you think they would of bothered making albums?

He likes danny glover too.

Banned

Its a civil offence if you download.
If you upload its a criminal offence.

I stopped using torrents last year and opened a rapidhare account, so much better.

Rapidshare and warez-bb is the way to go. listen to all you self righteous types going on about legalities. Get a grip, if you could save a fiver from selling your ganny i bet you would.

harry127;4206221

... Get a grip, if you could save a fiver from selling your ganny i bet … ... Get a grip, if you could save a fiver from selling your ganny i bet you would.

You'd save on bills by tapping your neighbor's electricity. Would you do it?

This isn't about saving, it's about wrong/right.
It's pointless justifying piracy... just admit it's wrong and move on!!

axhole;4206395

You'd save on bills by tapping your neighbor's electricity. Would you do … You'd save on bills by tapping your neighbor's electricity. Would you do it?!

not really the same is it?

souljacker;4206424

not really the same is it?

would you care to elaborate on their differences?

axhole;4206450

would you care to elaborate on their differences?

can't really be bothered to be honest, if you can't see it then it's not worth bothering.

I'll just carry on downloading with my rapidshare account safe in the knowledge i'm not adding to my neighbours electric bill

harry127;4206221

Rapidshare and warez-bb is the way to go. listen to all you self … Rapidshare and warez-bb is the way to go. listen to all you self righteous types going on about legalities. Get a grip, if you could save a fiver from selling your ganny i bet you would.

Yey another Warez-BB user

souljacker;4206481

can't really be bothered to be honest, if you can't see it then it's not … can't really be bothered to be honest, if you can't see it then it's not worth bothering.I'll just carry on downloading with my rapidshare account safe in the knowledge i'm not adding to my neighbours electric bill

Now you've completely lost me.

I responded to:
harry127;4206221

if you could save a fiver from selling your ganny i bet you would.

by asking if he'd tap his neighbor's electricity.

I assumed you were being a smart-ass when you pointed out that selling one's granny is not the same as tapping your neighbor's electricity...

souljacker;4206481

can't really be bothered to be honest, if you can't see it then it's not … can't really be bothered to be honest, if you can't see it then it's not worth bothering.I'll just carry on downloading with my rapidshare account safe in the knowledge i'm not adding to my neighbours electric bill

In both cases you're gaining what you should be paying for and both acts are illegal, whether you justify it differently to yourself doesn't really mean anything.

John

imranmaz;4206144

So you must spend your spare cash on drugs and terrorism... that's what … So you must spend your spare cash on drugs and terrorism... that's what the adverts say anyway :lol:

The "piracy supports terrorism" thing actually has some validity to it. Back in the 90s and the 80s, the IRA was largely funded by gangs selling pirate videos and CDs at market stalls across Ireland and Britain. In modern terms though, well, yeah. Still, it's nice to think there's maybe an Al Qaeda terrorist cell somewhere in the world, tasked with bringing down Western society and destroying its culture of recorded entertainment by maintaining really, really high seed ratios, isn't it?

Johnmcl7;4206539

In both cases you're gaining what you should be paying for and both acts … In both cases you're gaining what you should be paying for and both acts are illegal, whether you justify it differently to yourself doesn't really mean anything.John

and you posting that doen't mean anything to me, but hey, thanks anyway for your thoughts ;-)

axhole;4206536

Now you've completely lost me.I responded to:by asking if he'd tap his … Now you've completely lost me.I responded to:by asking if he'd tap his neighbor's electricity.I assumed you were being a smart-ass when you pointed out that selling one's granny is not the same as tapping your neighbor's electricity...

just thinking that some folks make such a fuss about 'frauding the authorities' but would be prepared to sell a family member to the taliban instead.

Johnmcl7;4206539

In both cases you're gaining what you should be paying for and both acts … In both cases you're gaining what you should be paying for and both acts are illegal, whether you justify it differently to yourself doesn't really mean anything.John

yes it might be illegal......thanks

Original Poster

kungfu;4206154

i see from your avvy you like d12, how far you think they would of got if … i see from your avvy you like d12, how far you think they would of got if no-one bought their early stuff and just downloaded it for free? you think they would of bothered making albums?

Well from that.. you'd be wrong. I own original copies of all he D12 albums, Eminem, Dr.Dre etc.. I buy albums if they deserve to be bought, and if they deserve there 'fame'. For example: i bought 50 cents first few cds but wouldnt dream of forking out for his new stuff. Disgrace to hip hop.

Noticed there are about 50/50 on for and against downloading music.

Isnt easy for the government or law to get somone for doing it though, anyone remember that russian website?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband78
    2. Ditched Sky1620
    3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?611
    4. Easyjet - book now or wait?1016

See more discussions