Groups

Dog bed with removable cover

Looking for a dog bed which has a removable washable cover - does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

10 Comments

I buy carpet samples for £1-2 then throw them out when needed.
    Not an answer to your question but an alternative.

redcantona

I buy carpet samples for £1-2 then throw them out when needed.Not an … I buy carpet samples for £1-2 then throw them out when needed.Not an answer to your question but an alternative.

​Why do you throw them out when needed?

I bought a large dog bed which has a paw print on and is basically a big zip up padded rectangle stuffed with a inner bag of stuffing.. it was £4 and they sell them in every local market I've ever been to. They are big and puffy at first but after a while they go flat abit flatter so I stuffed a couple of cushions in there that I was going to throw away and it's brought it back to being very full and comfy for pooch and he's had that about a year or so now.. not sure if you have local markets like this in your area but for £4 for over a year of dog bed I think it's a bargain lol.
    Ps cover zips off and goes straight in washer

Make them yourself

Or get a friend who can sew to make one!

I made this for a friend's new puppy

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r485/sicklysweetphotos/JHT/1171D0CC-DF71-41FF-8CBB-B1093A4273A6_zpsv6vbtof4.jpg

Use a king size duvet for the filling & make sure there's at least 4x 10+ tog layers and then overlock the sides

EDIT: in the making!

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r485/sicklysweetphotos/JHT/795DDBFB-5A82-467B-9B1C-E56741CC5065_zpsqwgaopus.jpg

Edited by: "sicklysweet" 19th Mar

philhib1964

​Why do you throw them out when needed?

Probably when muddy/smelly.

I wash my dogs beds every 2 or 3 months, but in the past (before making them) I got so irritated that even expensive beds weren't washable. It makes no sense to me!

I make my dog beds so fluffy, with a waterproof fabric cover and then a pretty personalised cover.

By using the waterproof fabric then if the dogs come back muddy etc then the filling stays fresh & nice.

I use the duvet and home made cover method. I don't use a King size but a double as I find that easier to wash in the machine. Pretty pointless not washing the inner if you are washing the cover.

My dog has 3 beds scattered about the house but my favourite for keeping clean is her hik9 bed. You can get different washable covers for it,this one is the fleece

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii85/hmfleming/E1E9358C-9CE2-491B-8FAD-955E66E1A4AC_zpsmixhvwi0.jpg

danish designs do some nice ones

sicklysweet

Make them yourself :)Or get a friend who can sew to make one!I made this … Make them yourself :)Or get a friend who can sew to make one!I made this for a friend's new puppyUse a king size duvet for the filling & make sure there's at least 4x 10+ tog layers and then overlock the sides :)EDIT: in the making!

Wow I love this, you've made it look so simple and it looks really lovely.. I'm gonna give this a go! Where did you get the ribbon with the name on from? And the material looks really good quality.. you've inspired me! Thanks

sicklysweet

Probably when muddy/smelly. I wash my dogs beds every 2 or 3 months, but … Probably when muddy/smelly. I wash my dogs beds every 2 or 3 months, but in the past (before making them) I got so irritated that even expensive beds weren't washable. It makes no sense to me!I make my dog beds so fluffy, with a waterproof fabric cover and then a pretty personalised cover. By using the waterproof fabric then if the dogs come back muddy etc then the filling stays fresh & nice.

Think that joke when right over your head
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111316
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal1110
      3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming511
      4. Any have any gearbest codes ASAP/advice on where to buy Xiaomi phone?67

See more discussions