Dog foul on pavement outside our home- neighbour

Posted 18th Nov
We've finally caught one of the perpetrators fouling outside our home. We didn't take the owners picture, nor confront him there and then as we'd hoped he would be coming back to clear it..nope.

Should we go direct to council or confront him?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I’d make a small flag out of a cocktail stick and paper and write the perpetrators address on it and stick it in it. That might hit home harder when everyone can see it.
Find where they live and post it through there letterbox.
15 Comments
I’d make a small flag out of a cocktail stick and paper and write the perpetrators address on it and stick it in it. That might hit home harder when everyone can see it.
Find where they live and post it through there letterbox.
you will need an independent witness and/or evidence to go to council
Just ask, mate gonna pick that up, i don't want to stand on it when I walk out my garden. He should be embarrassed enough to do something. If not, then get creative like sticking a dog treat in it so his dog sticks it's face in it
STRICKIBHOY18/11/2019 09:29

Just ask, mate gonna pick that up, i don't want to stand on it when I walk …Just ask, mate gonna pick that up, i don't want to stand on it when I walk out my garden. He should be embarrassed enough to do something. If not, then get creative like sticking a dog treat in it so his dog sticks it's face in it

That last line

I would definitely confront them face to face,if they refuse to pick it up take a pic and email the council with their details.
Rub his/her nose in it.
"Excuse me I think you have forgotten something" usually works for me on dog walkers
Say you have them on camera , say you will go to the council if it happens again .
I had an experience a while back that I think is worth sharing here. I walk my dog and always carry bags to pick up his business which I do. I used to walk along a street with terraced houses have front doors that open directly on to the street without a front yard. One day I was walking along when my dog stopped to do his business outside a certain house, and as he was doing it I could see a lady inside rustling the curtains to look out and picking up the phone to call someone. As I was picking up my dog's poo she opened the door, I could hear he saying on the phone "Yes he's here now" to someone and then she said to me "Are you going to pick that up?".
Me- "My dog's mess? I already have".
She then said "what about that?" and pointed to the floor.
Me - "Sorry, what do you mean?"
Her - "Look, you've left it on the thereon the pavement!
Me (peering down at the floor) - "Do you mean that tiny little smeared stain on the floor from where I scooped it up?"
Her - "Yes"
Me - "I'm sorry but that just happens when you pick up a dog's mess, there's not so much you can do about it at the time".
Her - "Why couldn't you have dragged the dog off of the pavement and in to the gutter to he could do it there?"
Me - "That's not really how dogs work unfortunately".

Suffice to say I have never walked my dog down that street again, I changed my route the very next day. I think of myself as a responsible dog owner and always pick up the mess but having someone jump out of their house and accost me over the tiniest smear of residue after picking up the poop was going a bit too far IMHO.
Just take a dump on their doorstep. Ideally, just as you've knocked on the door. Problem solved.
Half a pound of tuppenny rice
Half a pound of treacle
Pick it up in a paper bag, place on their doorstep and set fire to it. Quickly knock loudly on their door and walk away. Enjoy watching them stamp out the fire.
Haircut_10018/11/2019 10:22

I had an experience a while back that I think is worth sharing here. I …I had an experience a while back that I think is worth sharing here. I walk my dog and always carry bags to pick up his business which I do. I used to walk along a street with terraced houses have front doors that open directly on to the street without a front yard. One day I was walking along when my dog stopped to do his business outside a certain house, and as he was doing it I could see a lady inside rustling the curtains to look out and picking up the phone to call someone. As I was picking up my dog's poo she opened the door, I could hear he saying on the phone "Yes he's here now" to someone and then she said to me "Are you going to pick that up?". Me- "My dog's mess? I already have". She then said "what about that?" and pointed to the floor. Me - "Sorry, what do you mean?"Her - "Look, you've left it on the thereon the pavement!Me (peering down at the floor) - "Do you mean that tiny little smeared stain on the floor from where I scooped it up?"Her - "Yes"Me - "I'm sorry but that just happens when you pick up a dog's mess, there's not so much you can do about it at the time".Her - "Why couldn't you have dragged the dog off of the pavement and in to the gutter to he could do it there?"Me - "That's not really how dogs work unfortunately".Suffice to say I have never walked my dog down that street again, I changed my route the very next day. I think of myself as a responsible dog owner and always pick up the mess but having someone jump out of their house and accost me over the tiniest smear of residue after picking up the poop was going a bit too far IMHO.

I understand perfectly, sometimes when a dog squats its fast!
she has better access to a bit of bleach & water to wash, cleanse, hide the poop so that others don't start marking, ...logic.
yes i pick up after my dogs.
Haircut_10018/11/2019 10:22

I had an experience a while back that I think is worth sharing here. I …I had an experience a while back that I think is worth sharing here. I walk my dog and always carry bags to pick up his business which I do. I used to walk along a street with terraced houses have front doors that open directly on to the street without a front yard. One day I was walking along when my dog stopped to do his business outside a certain house, and as he was doing it I could see a lady inside rustling the curtains to look out and picking up the phone to call someone. As I was picking up my dog's poo she opened the door, I could hear he saying on the phone "Yes he's here now" to someone and then she said to me "Are you going to pick that up?". Me- "My dog's mess? I already have". She then said "what about that?" and pointed to the floor. Me - "Sorry, what do you mean?"Her - "Look, you've left it on the thereon the pavement!Me (peering down at the floor) - "Do you mean that tiny little smeared stain on the floor from where I scooped it up?"Her - "Yes"Me - "I'm sorry but that just happens when you pick up a dog's mess, there's not so much you can do about it at the time".Her - "Why couldn't you have dragged the dog off of the pavement and in to the gutter to he could do it there?"Me - "That's not really how dogs work unfortunately".Suffice to say I have never walked my dog down that street again, I changed my route the very next day. I think of myself as a responsible dog owner and always pick up the mess but having someone jump out of their house and accost me over the tiniest smear of residue after picking up the poop was going a bit too far IMHO.

mine will only do it on grass so will always use someone's front garden LOL, I do always pickup but when its dark and leaves are on the ground you need a torch sometimes.
paulj4818/11/2019 12:42

mine will only do it on grass so will always use someone's front garden …mine will only do it on grass so will always use someone's front garden LOL, I do always pickup but when its dark and leaves are on the ground you need a torch sometimes.

Yes, if yor dog is a "puller" then it can be a real struggle with torch + dog + bag ..as the dog often gets in the way too, I tend to use a petzl zipka, so I can pop it on my wrist (retractable headband) ..it fits pretty much on anything, leaves my hands far more ready to scoop & block the dog.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants