Dog harness

Found 13th Aug 2017
Hello, I'm after some recommendations for a dog harness please? I recently purchased easywalk harnesses for my dogs but they twist and look uncomfortable whilst walking so I'm looking for a bit of feedback before buying anymore. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
deleted800342
What breed of dog, and what problems are you having with a regular collar?
I found it took a bit of adjusting to get it right with the easywalk..... but , perseverance and a lot of tweaking got it spot on.
I found it was important to get them 2 rings either side in the right position (not to low) before altering the one on the chest.
deleted80034213th Aug 2017

What breed of dog, and what problems are you having with a regular collar?

I have 2 Victorian Bulldogs. Not tried a collar, only ever tried harnesses with them.
steve.t10 h, 19 m ago

I found it took a bit of adjusting to get it right with the easywalk..... …I found it took a bit of adjusting to get it right with the easywalk..... but , perseverance and a lot of tweaking got it spot on.I found it was important to get them 2 rings either side in the right position (not to low) before altering the one on the chest.

ok thank you, I'll see if I can have a fiddle about and try to make them fit better.
Depends if it's just a normal harness or a non pull type you're after?

We have a Ruffwear Webmaster harness, very expensive but you can tell how good quality it is. I can see it lasting years.
My Rottweiler used to pull when on a collar and lead, and I was considering buying a harness. When my dog dragged me the full length of our local pet store another customer who witnessed it recommended that I get a Halti instead, as certain breeds of dogs tend to pull even more when wearing a harness. "Halti -Its unique design works by gently steering the head and therefore controlling the dog’s direction of movement, making training easy and putting you, the owner, back in control."
CrystalTips36 h, 40 m ago

My Rottweiler used to pull when on a collar and lead, and I was …My Rottweiler used to pull when on a collar and lead, and I was considering buying a harness. When my dog dragged me the full length of our local pet store another customer who witnessed it recommended that I get a Halti instead, as certain breeds of dogs tend to pull even more when wearing a harness. "Halti -Its unique design works by gently steering the head and therefore controlling the dog’s direction of movement, making training easy and putting you, the owner, back in control."

I find harnesses are fine for smaller dogs but for bigger breeds they are a no no. Large powerful dogs can just pull on a harness, and the last thing you need is 50kg of Rotti/GSD dragging you into the road.

I've found Halti/Easy leader/Gencon are far better for bigger breeds as they give more control over the head.

Due to the fact that the op has Bulldog's these may not be the best option due to the shape of their face/potential respiratory issues.

Op, you may be best going along to a decent shop and try a few different makes and get properly fitted. You can then make sure they are snug, don't rub and they can't easily back out of them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants