Dog poo on my doorstep!!

Found 7th Oct 2010
Hiya, Over the last week I have woken up three times to find dog poo in my garden!! I live in a small block of flats and im 1 of 4 on the ground foor.
At first I thought it might be human poo as the first occurance was freshers night and I live next to a student flat :-S
I got up this morning to find it literally on my doorstep..I can quite easily step over it, but I have a two year old son and I wont even be able to get the buggy outside now.
I have rang the block managers and they have told me to try and find out who it is and pick it up..Is there anything else I can do other than wait to catch them and either post it through their door??

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
77 Comments

Put a course spiky mat outside on your step, dog may find it to uncomfortable to squat on.

Narrow down the time it happens, and sit and wait.

Original Poster

It always happens after I go to bed..nice present for me in the morning!! I will wait till the weekend..Me and Smirnoff V's The dog!!

Do you have foxes in your area?

get it caught on one of those spy cam pens, then get the rozzers to do a steakout. tell them the owner carries a shotgun. (cant type more BS atm---im busy at work)

pay for a cheap plastic fake cctv camera, it might make them think twice if they are "On cam"

Original Poster

No foxes that I have ever seen..Ive lived here for 2 years and its only just started happening..Its just disgusting, Im not picking up someone elses poo..

Banned

You wouldn't like chickens

Original Poster

Yeah I think an all-nighter is needed to find the offender..and hope for a heavy downpour to wash it away!!

What you'd need to do is get rid of the muck, and clean the area to remove the sent so dog doesn't go their again, it may work. Or use a dog/cat repelant. Good luck.

Banned

How do you know for sure its dogs poo? Do you sniff it of something?

More likely to be a cat or fox IMHO

Original Poster

No I don't personally smell it..It was just the conclusion I came to as it is too big to be cat poo IMHO and as it has started happening the last week, my guess was that a neighbour has just got a dog or maybe has a visitor with a dog. It could be a fox or maybe an ex boyfriend?
Either way its driving me mad!!

Short term action - deterrence

Put several mousetraps down.
The traps won't injure the animal but the snap - just as they're leaving their nocturnal deposit - should give them a fright and discourage them!

Longer term action - reprisal

If you discover whose dog it is. carefully collect fido's little present in a paper bag.
Take bag with contents to the dog owner's house.
Place bag on doorstep and light bag.
Ring doorbell and scarper.

Owner will come to door, see fire on the doorstep and stamp it out!

You just don't get that stuff out of the treads on your trainers!

Adam PDM

pay for a cheap plastic fake cctv camera, it might make them think twice … pay for a cheap plastic fake cctv camera, it might make them think twice if they are "On cam"

You must have a better class of dogs on your manor. The canines here don't care if they're caught on camera.

annabella

or maybe an ex boyfriend? Either way its driving me mad!!

Give him his PS3 back then. It's not worth it.

Edited by: "thesaint" 7th Oct 2010

Adam PDM

pay for a cheap plastic fake cctv camera, it might make them think twice … pay for a cheap plastic fake cctv camera, it might make them think twice if they are "On cam"

This^^

I had idiots who would get their dogs to sh!t outside our driveway but since i have had the cctv put up they do it outside the neighbours driveway

Its not a dog, a dog wouldn't shat on a door step, when it has a full garden to abuse!

Banned

If you leave it till it rains it will just make a sloppy mess...just get a carrier bag put your hand inside and use like a glove and pick it up and put in bin....if it leaves a mark, poor boiling kettle over it.

Original Poster

Its not a proper garden..its mainly a drive area and a few big stones and plants. My flat is round the side so out of site..the back is overlooked by the flats but my bit is an isolated pathway. The student flat is the next door building not my block.

report it to the council. Your 'block manager' surely should also deal with it? otherwise what is the point of them? Id put money on it being a person rather than a dog though. Your front door, does it lead directly outside or into a 'stair' ? and is it this front door from your home or the building the offending **** is at?

Lulu'sMammy

Its not a dog, a dog wouldn't shat on a door step, when it has a full … Its not a dog, a dog wouldn't shat on a door step, when it has a full garden to abuse!

Maybe it read the sign to keep off the grass?

slamdunkin

if it leaves a mark, poor boiling kettle over it.

Boiling water would be better.

Original Poster

shanecr

report it to the council. Your 'block manager' surely should also deal … report it to the council. Your 'block manager' surely should also deal with it? otherwise what is the point of them? Id put money on it being a person rather than a dog though. Your front door, does it lead directly outside or into a 'stair' ? and is it this front door from your home or the building the offending **** is at?

My block manager said if I can find out whos dog it is they will sort it out, They come to maintain the garden once a week and the lad that came last week just swept around the poo!!
Its round the back of the building..my door is on a path that ends at my neighbours door. There is a high wall the other side.

move house?

Original Poster

roryk83

move house?

I have considered this..I nearly did a few months back because I kept getting slugs in my kitchen.. my stepdad convinced me that putting slug pellets down was a better option though.

thesaint

Boiling water would be better.

I did smile.

OP - Upset anyone recently??

annabella

Its not a proper garden..its mainly a drive area and a few big stones and … Its not a proper garden..its mainly a drive area and a few big stones and plants

A driveway then.

Original Poster

cw9652

I did smile.OP - Upset anyone recently??

Not that I know of.. The first couple times it was a few metres from my door but this time its right outside so im starting to think it might be deliberate!!

Banned

I'm not quite sure why you need to call someone to pick it up? Surely having a young child, you'd get the mess out of harms way?

There must be quite a collection there now if they're not turning up to dispose and you're getting a fresh dollop every day!

Original Poster

[/quote]A driveway then.[/quote]

Pretty much..a small planted area..there is enough room for a table and chairs but nowhere for a swing or anything

Banned

the majority of sh.it on pavements is dog sh.it, the rest is human , don't be fooled by some peoples comments on hear, dog fouling is disgusting

Original Poster

guv

I'm not quite sure why you need to call someone to pick it up? Surely … I'm not quite sure why you need to call someone to pick it up? Surely having a young child, you'd get the mess out of harms way?There must be quite a collection there now if they're not turning up to dispose and you're getting a fresh dollop every day!

I have another entrance to my flat but theres steps which is difficult with a buggy.. I can avoid it but it makes my life harder. I am aware that it is really dangerous that is why im so angry that someone is doing it.

Banned

annabella

I have another entrance to my flat but theres steps which is difficult … I have another entrance to my flat but theres steps which is difficult with a buggy.. I can avoid it but it makes my life harder. I am aware that it is really dangerous that is why im so angry that someone is doing it.

"Someone"

So you think its human or someone is forcing their dog / animal to do it?

Original Poster

well someone is allowing their dog to do it

Banned

annabella

well someone is allowing their dog to do it

Can you post some pictures of the mess? Someone might be able to identify it or get it returned for you. (Not literally of course - I dont think the dog would allow that!)

guv

Can you post some pictures of the mess? Someone might be able to identify … Can you post some pictures of the mess? Someone might be able to identify it or get it returned for you. (Not literally of course - I dont think the dog would allow that!)

You mean like an Identikit picture?

cannyscot

You mean like an Identikit picture?

Or a line-up.

'Yes that's the one officer, the one with the sweetcorn!'

To find out if it is an animal get some very strong bleach. before you go to bed sprinkle it around and on your door step. Any animal will stay away from the area. Continue this until the animal gets the idea.

If it continues you can be pretty sure somebody is putting it on the doorstep.

Plum

To find out if it is an animal get some very strong bleach. before you go … To find out if it is an animal get some very strong bleach. before you go to bed sprinkle it around and on your door step. Any animal will stay away from the area. Continue this until the animal gets the idea.If it continues you can be pretty sure somebody is putting it on the doorstep.

Surely the abscence of toilet paper concludes that it is actually placed there?
The scene of the crime is her ex boyfriends house. Serious.

Banned

FFS...what would you do if you owned the property? you'd have no choice other than to clean it up or live with it....this must be a wind up.

Banned

cannyscot

[You mean like an Identikit picture?

you'd be surprised at the colour variation, thickness, length, texture, ingredients, pointy, flat end etc........ Are you trying to say you wouldnt recognise one of your own?

Suggesting it could be an ex boyfriend, then surely this thread is not for real X)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Need TV package612
    2. Iceland Dr. Oetker pizza board22
    3. Men’s electric shaver56
    4. HELP with credit ratings.33

See more discussions