Dog Ramp/Steps

Found 18th Oct 2009
My sisters German Shepherd is having trouble getting into the back of her car due to arthritis in his back legs.

Has anyone had any experience of using a dog ramp or steps at all ?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

can't she just pick him up?

Original Poster

rwm24;6614602

can't she just pick him up?

No coz he growls at her lol

I think she's worried she'll hurt him.

Banned

The outlaws just had their German Shepherd put down because his back legs went. Inhumane to string it out if it's having trouble.

Original Poster

dimebars;6614745

The outlaws just had their German Shepherd put down because his back legs … The outlaws just had their German Shepherd put down because his back legs went. Inhumane to string it out if it's having trouble.

He's not that bad yet,it's a recent thing,he won't jump into the back of the car that's all.

deb8z;6614835

He's not that bad yet,it's a recent thing,he won't jump into the back of … He's not that bad yet,it's a recent thing,he won't jump into the back of the car that's all.

If worse comes to worse , split the seats and let him climb in through the front to the back. :thumbsup:

My husband and I owned a German Shepherd ( our baby girl) Tara, for ten great years. She also faced this problem. Some days were worse than others.We would let her put front paws up then help lift back legs in or on bad days she got allowed into back seat. Tara ended up on a lot of medication which helped a great deal.
I have seen lots of dog ramps since then, some very expensive, try pets at home,even betterware and these wee strange mags that come in Sunday papers.

hope you get what you need.

petplanet.co.uk/car…htm

where we take our dogs for walks there is a few people with these ramps they seem to do the job, we see the old dogs getting into back of cars using these ramps we had a gsd who was 14 he loved going for walks yes his back legs were bad but he was not in pain but he had trouble getting into the car we were lucky he allowed us to lift his back end up so he could get in car

where we live there is a kennel place that sell these ramps might be worth ringing round to get a good price i did notice they come in different sizes bare trhat in mind

Original Poster

Thank you:)
Post a comment
@
    Text