Groups

Dog rescue sites / centres

Hi all, its 10 weeks already since I lost my little man. some of you may remember my post 'coming to terms'

He will be forever missed and never forgotton. Although, I feel the time is near for us to want another dog.

Im not too fussed on age, sex, breed or size and would like rehome a dog in need.

Ive had a peek at local RSPCA and DogTrust but can anybody recommend any other places / centres.

I live local to centre of Nottingham but I am happy to travel upto 50/60 miles.

A google search does show many places but I would rather go to a recommended centre than some ones back yard off gumtree for example.

Thanks in advance

23 Comments

Banned

Go to battersea or the dogs trust

No advice as I don't like dogs personally, but wanted to say it's awesome you're going to rehome a doggy in need =)

Good luck with the search for your new family member

You can have mine he's a miserable sod

See if there are any in this selection you fancy at Manchester dog's home.

dogshome.net/gal…er/

this place can help

Babworth bark.. Nr Retford. (North Nottingham?)

barkonline.co.uk/

good luck finding a new best friend
    Edited by: "Dawsy" 28th Dec 2016

Banned

AStonedRaichu

You can have mine he's a miserable sod

Funny that the fact is dogs take on the traits of their owners

Wood Green -Huntingdon - maybe a bit too far?

woodgreen.org.uk/

leicester animal shelter

facebook.com/bea…ue/

We adopted a dog from a Romanian death camp. Romania is swamped with stray dogs thanks to governmental changes... But many are captured by owners of the death camps and tortured daily. Many dogs and puppies are badly abused and put to death in really horrific ways.

Failed Guide dogs are always an option too

Dabstar

Failed Guide dogs are always an option too

What if op is blind? oO

Best of luck in your search. It will never be the same as your old dog but I'm sure it will be just as good, just different

airfix

What if op is blind? oO

Then he can get a cat and wont notice.

So glad to hear that you are looking to re-home a dog rather than buy a puppy - so many dogs out there needing a good home. A very good friend of mine does a lot of work for Mutts In Distress mutts-in-distress.org.uk/ and speaks very highly of them She has re-homed a couple of dogs from there herself. They may be a little far away for you, but I think they also do some referrals for other homes, so you could use their contact form to see if they have any nearer to you if they themselves are too far away.

we have a Jerry Green centre near us that has a good local reputation. A friend of mine recently rehomed one of her dogs through them. It's in NG21/Blidworth area, so no too far from you.

We got 2 papillons a few years ago from a place just past Markeaton Park in Derby. The state of the place was disgusting,and all the dogs are a mess, we had to have them both shorn(?) and straight to the vets the first day. If you take any dog from there you'll be saving it's life.

Dawsy

list of available dogs for Babworth … list of available dogs for Babworth here..http://www.barkonline.co.uk/adopt-a-dog

i live close to here ,some beautiful furrys to adopt

Babworths a good place, last time I went there was straight after doing a charity bike ride for them one Christmas. It was full of Staffies at the time but they're good dogs.
    I like the list today, I'd certainly take to Hugh.

Original Poster

thanks all for the replies. sorry ive not been on much since my original post. im having a few car issues so that has took priority at the mo. i will get round to looking at all the suggestions.

thanks again

barkonline.co.uk/ado…ily

lily is kind and gentle and loves a cuddle .... scared me when I saw that picture!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927366
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions