Groups

Dog walkers who collect the dogs poo in bags

Can't for the life of me understand the dog walkers who collect there doggy do-dos in little nappie sacks then toss them in to bushes and trees, there is a natural trail next to our house and some idiot bumps there dogs toilet bags in the same spot so that the tree looks like a Christmas tree with these bags as the decoration. Anybody else seen this?

50 Comments

.............. People do that? LOL!!

Probably because you are more likely to be fined for your dog fouling the footpath than littering the undergrowth......

That really is disgusting OP - I am a dog owner and one of the downfalls of being a dog owner is having to scoop the poop and carry it till you find a bin. I also carry a plastic bag with me to put the smaller ones in till I do find a bin. If I was you and saw someone do that, I would throw the bag right back at them hoping the contents splatter all over them

Banned

I demand to see this tree. Pics or you're lying.

guv

In before:
    http://sticksandpie.com/images/poo%20tree.2.JPG

Report them to the council.

OP I once saw some BBC show about environmental health; one of their officers was staking out an area where someone was doing this with bags of dog poo, except this guy was throwing them up into really big trees, and you couldn't see the bags until the leaves fell off in the winter. You should try contacting your council's environmental health dept and see if they would be interested. It's really disgusting that people do this sort of thing, and must be awful if you have to live next door.

Original Poster

guv

Will do but I'm now at work, ( poor me) until Wednesday, will post pic then just for you.

Original Poster

cis_groupie

Report them to the council.

If I knew who was doing I wouldn't need to report them, if I report it to the council they will just clean it up and no re-educate the culprit

Banned

solarforce

Will do but I'm now at work, ( poor me) until Wednesday, will post pic … Will do but I'm now at work, ( poor me) until Wednesday, will post pic then just for you.

LOL I hope its going to be as good as the drawing! X)

I find that lots of people pick up their dog poops in bags, then leave them by the side of the footpath. It completely defies any logic.

If you can't be arsed to put the poop in a bin, it is better off being left to rot, rather than being hermatically sealed and remain there for a thousand years.

Not long back from my walk with my companion little I am fed up with seeing the poop bags in trees or even worse the poop on the floor. I take several bags with me as my dog tends to go twice.

You can bet the same people who don't clean up after their dog would complain in a flash if a dog pooped outside their house and the owner didn't clean it up.

Original Poster

studentessa

OP I once saw some BBC show about environmental health; one of their … OP I once saw some BBC show about environmental health; one of their officers was staking out an area where someone was doing this with bags of dog poo, except this guy was throwing them up into really big trees, and you couldn't see the bags until the leaves fell off in the winter. You should try contacting your council's environmental health dept and see if they would be interested. It's really disgusting that people do this sort of thing, and must be awful if you have to live next door.

My house isnt next to the lane, but our road joins the nature trail, but it's pretty disgusting when going for a walk with the kids

As a responsible dog owner who does pick up thier dogs poops but the village i live in only has 1 bin otherwise you have to walk around for at least 30 minutes with it.But there must be about 15 signs saying if you dont pick up the dog poo you can be fined.Why dont the council just provide more bins.

Original Poster

flamingcarrot

I find that lots of people pick up their dog poops in bags, then leave … I find that lots of people pick up their dog poops in bags, then leave them by the side of the footpath. It completely defies any logic.If you can't be arsed to put the poop in a bin, it is better off being left to rot, rather than being hermatically sealed and remain there for a thousand years.

totally agree, dont know why these people carry the bags in the first place, the only thing I can think of is the fear of been seen not collecting the poo by a passerby.

Original Poster

archer1204

As a responsible dog owner who does pick up thier dogs poops but the … As a responsible dog owner who does pick up thier dogs poops but the village i live in only has 1 bin otherwise you have to walk around for at least 30 minutes with it.But there must be about 15 signs saying if you dont pick up the dog poo you can be fined.Why dont the council just provide more bins.

Don't see the problem in carry a nappy sack of dog poo for 30 mins. I'm not having a dig at you, but if I create a mess it's my responsibility to tidy it up, regardless of my location or future plans.

This bugs me too as a responsible dog owner, its exactly the same on the local country park, even get chucked into the pond which is 10m from a proper bin.

There's also some pratt allows the dog to crap outside our gate but I can never catch them at it, keep meaning to set the CCTV on that spot.

archer1204

As a responsible dog owner who does pick up thier dogs poops but the … As a responsible dog owner who does pick up thier dogs poops but the village i live in only has 1 bin otherwise you have to walk around for at least 30 minutes with it.But there must be about 15 signs saying if you dont pick up the dog poo you can be fined.Why dont the council just provide more bins.

I agree more bins are needed in some areas but having a carrier bag handy will not harm anyone to carry the poop bag in till they get to a bin or home. Plain lazy and irresponsible that's all it is.

solarforce

Don't see the problem in carry a nappy sack of dog poo for 30 mins. I'm … Don't see the problem in carry a nappy sack of dog poo for 30 mins. I'm not having a dig at you, but if I create a mess it's my responsibility to tidy it up, regardless of my location or future plans.

Plus if you get the poo inside the bag (as opposed to on the outside) there's no reason you can't put it in your pocket once the bag is tied up nicely.

Original Poster

anewman

Plus if you get the poo inside the bag (as opposed to on the outside) … Plus if you get the poo inside the bag (as opposed to on the outside) there's no reason you can't put it in your pocket once the bag is tied up nicely.

Just carrying on with your point, could be used as a cheap hand warmer on cold mornings. Or is that going to far?

Original Poster

guv

LOL I hope its going to be as good as the drawing! X)

The drawing has heap a lot of pressure on the photo, might have to fake it now.

Banned

Similarly cat owners should be forced to search in neighbours gardens for their animals mess. Doesn't matter if its wrongly identified, as long as at least 7 scoops worth a week are disposed of.

archer1204

Probably because it would cost the Council more, Plus they'd have to empty more, Please don't give Cameron any idea's, Something extra for them to tax us for. Want some more bin's, We'll have to pay for them.

Plus thugs tend to vandalise them, i,e set them alight, Blame the parent's, Blame Cameron.

Banned

shauneco

Probably because it would cost the Council more, Plus they'd have to … Probably because it would cost the Council more, Plus they'd have to empty more, Please don't give Cameron any idea's, Something extra for them to tax us for. Want some more bin's, We'll have to pay for them.Plus thugs tend to vandalise them, i,e set them alight, Blame the parent's, Blame Cameron.

Actually, I quite like that idea. Tax dog poo by the Ib with stiff penalties for tax avoidance! X)

next time you see them throw the sh*t bag in the bush shout at them and start running at them. they will run faster then the dogs at a race course. Its fun and you get a bit of exercise.... 2 birds ..... Obviously if your fat and have the stamina of a ashmatic who has been smoking for 45 years then i would just call the council.

Alternative is to plant some nice flowers... will grow in no time

If you see them, give them a telling off, Dog **** rots in weeks, plastic bags take forever.

anewman

Plus if you get the poo inside the bag (as opposed to on the outside) … Plus if you get the poo inside the bag (as opposed to on the outside) there's no reason you can't put it in your pocket once the bag is tied up nicely.

Apart from when you get a phone call, and hurriedly push your hand into your pocket for the phone - oops.

shauneco

Plus thugs tend to vandalise them, i,e set them alight

This. Plus why should every tax payer (council tax) have to subsidise the ignorant and lazy anyway? If you want a dog you should be prepared to do the business after the dogs done it's business. Fwiw it's part of my job to clear up after these scummy 'kin vermin and don't even get me started on parents who change their babies nappies and do EXACTLY the same thing. Nappy trees, gotta be seen to be believed
    Edited by: "Shengis" 30th Apr 2011

get a cat, they have personality plus are cuter

problem solved.

flamingcarrot

I find that lots of people pick up their dog poops in bags, then leave … I find that lots of people pick up their dog poops in bags, then leave them by the side of the footpath. It completely defies any logic.If you can't be arsed to put the poop in a bin, it is better off being left to rot, rather than being hermatically sealed and remain there for a thousand years.

The bags are bio degradable & will break down after a few weeks.

I have picked up dog **** before & thrown into a bush at the side of a trail.

Some places are remote & don't have bins, but it saves someone standing in the crap.

If there is a bin nearby, this obviously defies logic.

I guess with the poo tree, someone has done it the once & everyone else has followed suit......
    Edited by: "ChrisUK" 30th Apr 2011

Looks pretty though.....

http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/canalnews/pootree.jpg

Original Poster

Mo786

get a cat, they have personality plus are cuter :pproblem solved.

No they just crap in the flower beds, don't know what's worse

Original Poster

ChrisUK

The bags are bio degradable & will break down after a few weeks.I have … The bags are bio degradable & will break down after a few weeks.I have picked up dog **** before & thrown into a bush at the side of a trail.Some places are remote & don't have bins, but it saves someone standing in the crap.If there is a bin nearby, this obviously defies logic.I guess with the poo tree, someone has done it the once & everyone else has followed suit......

Your talking nonsense, not all bags used by dog walkers are biodegradable in 3 weeks, I'm no Sherlock holmes but it looks like the same person is fling it in the tree, as the bags are all the same, the bags that have fallen from the tree and are now lying in the ditch look like they have been there for more like a year. And as for your excuse of places being remote, how remote are you talking, if it's off the beating track your dog can poo wherever it likes, if its on a path, that path leads to and from somewhere, which stands a very good chance of having a bin. Clearly people you bag poo and the throw it somewhere are plain stupid.
    Edited by: "solarforce" 30th Apr 2011

Banned

Mo786

get a cat, they have personality plus are cuter :pproblem solved.

Cats are vermin. I kick every cat I see, and run them over whenever possible.

Banned

Cat poo a far worse problem than dog poo round these here parts, especially in my garden!

Banned

Ps: I give myself bonus points if it's got a collar on it

solarforce

Your talking nonsense, not all bags used by dog walkers are biodegradable … Your talking nonsense, not all bags used by dog walkers are biodegradable in 3 weeks, I'm no Sherlock holmes but it looks like the same person is fling it in the tree, as the bags are all the same, the bags that have fallen from the tree and are now lying in the ditch look like they have been there for more like a year. And as for your excuse of places being remote, how remote are you talking, if it's off the beating track your dog can poo wherever it likes, if its on a path, that path leads to and from somewhere, which stands a very good chance of having a bin. Clearly people you bag poo and the throw it somewhere are plain stupid.

Who the hell is going to place & empty a bin halfway up a mountain soft-****?

Path leads from bottom of mountain to the top.....

At least people remove it from paths to avoid turds being trodden in. If people also don't use bio-degradable bags (which do break down in a matter of weeks), they are idiots. A bit like the OP (you don't have a dog do you?)

there's a village a couple of miles away that has the exact same problem OP, i feel sorry for the council boys who have to climb up the tree to remove the bags, we have a private lane at the back of our house in my street and its constantly a problem, had the council out to clean it once but then they tell me its up to us home owners to keep it clean and tidy at all times! I'm not cleaning up after some lazy sods dog!
    same problem in the front to, me and another 8 houses have had to scrub our door steps so many times ive lost count because the owners are letting the mutts crap all over the doors!
    CATS do not get me started, the next one i see crapping on my decking im going to bloody throttle!
    the council cant do anything about the car foul because they are classed as non domestic animals!
    outside my sons school is another prime place for lazy dog owners, you will see parents telling them off for not cleaning up the mess, only to get a mouthful back or worse!

Original Poster

ChrisUK

Who the hell is going to place & empty a bin halfway up a mountain … Who the hell is going to place & empty a bin halfway up a mountain soft-****?Path leads from bottom of mountain to the top.....At least people remove it from paths to avoid turds being trodden in. If people also don't use bio-degradable bags (which do break down in a matter of weeks), they are idiots. A bit like the OP (you don't have a dog do you?)

Your bloody hilarious. Hope you have a biodegradable bag for all for all this crap your spouting?

I get nappy sacks which are scented from our 99p shop.

Once I have picked up my Dorkie's poop, I tie it and put in the nearest brown bin.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044541
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      3. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218

See more discussions