Dogs

Is there anything you can do if another dog attacks yours?

34 Comments

Don't date dogs :thumbsup:

take bets, and rake in the money

Kick it as hard as possible.

Banned

hit it with a stick or call the police

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk62/havoc1224/police_dog_max600.jpg

kill it

you can report it to the police and RSPCA hope yours is ok

Original Poster

lol
nah the guy just picked up and threw it?!!?!?
good disciipline i thought

Do some councils have a dog control officer or the like. There must be someone you can report it to.
Take a water pistol with you, maybe, in case you meet it again .

Edit

nah the guy just picked up and threw it?!!?!?

What? how big was it ? What sort of an attack was it?

Original Poster

dmissy13;4457813

yeh i was just wondering because mine didnt do anything wrong, it came up to sniff, mine turned and then it just goes for him.The guy just walked off without stopping even after i shouted after him but its just if his dog does this then it needs reporting. My dogs fine, luckily missed his throat but hes got teeth marks in his ear, he really needs to learn to fight. too gentle with other dogs

Keep a dog whistle handy. Blowing it hard should stop it long enough for you to intervene. Don't let it see you're scared, & shout at it in an 'authoritive' voice. In real life or death cases grab the front legs & pull them apart hard as you can.

I depends if the Police have any leads! Seriously though, the other owner could be charge with keeping a dangerous dog. If it has happened to yours, I'd definately report it.

dmissy13;4457813

RSPCA can't so anything unless the dog is neglected...

Police can persue if dog 'is not kept in proper control in a public place' ie off the lead and attacked you or your dog when your dog is on it's lead.

If your dog was off the lead then neither of you were in proper control of your dogs and the Police will not do anything more than speak to the dog owner... and you... about keeping your dogs on a lead when in public

Banned

g1bbuk;4457866

K In real life or death cases grab the front legs & pull them apart hard … K In real life or death cases grab the front legs & pull them apart hard as you can.

LOOOL

DAMNOME;4457875

RSPCA can't so anything unless the dog is neglected...Police can persue … RSPCA can't so anything unless the dog is neglected...Police can persue if dog 'is not kept in proper control in a public place' ie off the lead and attacked you or your dog when your dog is on it's lead.If your dog was off the lead then neither of you were in proper control of your dogs and the Police will not do anything more than speak to the dog owner... and you... about keeping your dogs on a lead when in public

The RSPCA can determine if the dog is to dangerous and remove it from the owner also take action against the owner for not training the dog and taking responsibility of the animal or on the other hand they can help the owner if they are having trouble training the dog

Original Poster

DAMNOME;4457875

RSPCA can't so anything unless the dog is neglected...Police can persue … RSPCA can't so anything unless the dog is neglected...Police can persue if dog 'is not kept in proper control in a public place' ie off the lead and attacked you or your dog when your dog is on it's lead.If your dog was off the lead then neither of you were in proper control of your dogs and the Police will not do anything more than speak to the dog owner... and you... about keeping your dogs on a lead when in public

i rarely have him on the lead, particularly when its 8 o clock at night on the beach. Never mind, its taught him an important life lesson, stay on a lead ;-)

Original Poster

chesso;4457843

Do some councils have a dog control officer or the like. There must be … Do some councils have a dog control officer or the like. There must be someone you can report it to. Take a water pistol with you, maybe, in case you meet it again .Edit What? how big was it ? What sort of an attack was it?

it was a pitbull and what do you mean what sort of an attack?

I have had this happen a lot having a small dog I often find idiots that let their dog wander miles off the lead over to my dog, and a few times now they have attacked him. Its a horrible thing to happen, I've been rolling in the mud with doberman, and wrestled with staff's and I'm incredibly lucky I havn't been badly bitten, unlike my dog who has had a few.

I would NOT recommend teaching your dog to fight "too gentle with other dogs" is not a bad thing! I would encourage that. I agree with a lot of the comments, water spray, whistle. If its being attacked then I would boot the damn thing in half if you can - I have no reservations about 'really' kicking another dog if its attacking mine, the only problem is you may get bitten.

If people would just control their dogs and muzzle them if they know they can be aggresive then walking a smaller dog would be so much easier. It really is the owner and not the dogs that have a problem, although that doesn't help when you little mate is getting attacked. Too many idiots in the world unfortunately.

B**llocks! the bit about pulling front legs apart! In a real life or death situation (and you dont have a bucket of water to throw over them!) grab the throat area, Alpha dogs always go for the throat area, as this is easiest way to kill prey.
As for your dog, at the scene, it's the same as any other insurance claim. Get names numbers etc and go from there.Report to the police, and the other owner is liable for any vet bills thats of course you have witness's otherwise its likely to be your word against theirs.
HTH

deadduck_145;4458007

I HIGHLY doubt it was a pitbull, if it was unmuzzled and off the lead... otherwise fire away, get it reported and the dog will likely be destroyed and the owner prosecuted if it was definitly this breed.

deadduck_145;4458007

You already answered ^^^^. Some people feel like their dogs have been attacked if they get woofed at.
A pit bull - report definitely; aren't they an illegal breed now?
Re the lead thing. Your dog will be a lot safer off the lead if he's being attacked. If he's gentle he needs to be able to run away. No need for a lead on the beach if your dog is obedient - i.e. under control.

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;4458082

I HIGHLY doubt it was a pitbull.... otherwise fire away, get it reported … I HIGHLY doubt it was a pitbull.... otherwise fire away, get it reported and the dog will likely be destroyed. You sure it was this breed?

well im not definate because it was dark, it might have been a staffy. Their similiar breeds though arent they?

deadduck_145;4458144

well im not definate because it was dark, it might have been a staffy. … well im not definate because it was dark, it might have been a staffy. Their similiar breeds though arent they?

Omg this is a little funny...! My young baby rides my staff like a donkey....can you imagine a pitbull doing that? They are a serious taboo breed, and just to own one comes with massive guidelines....this is partly the reason staffs have a bad name, coz they "look" like a pitbull!

And has for the puncture wounds on the pinna (ear flap) bathe in salty water and cotton wool and keep them free from scabs.....puncture wounds heal from the inside out Hope doggy is ok x

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;4458203

Omg this is a little funny...! My young baby rides my staff like a … Omg this is a little funny...! My young baby rides my staff like a donkey....can you imagine a pitbull doing that? They are a serious taboo breed, and just to own one comes with massive guidelines....this is partly the reason staffs have a bad name, coz they "look" like a pitbull!

yes i understand what you mean, im not sterotyping all the pitbulls and staffys as dangerous because its down to the owner. Way its trained etc. My doberman will sit for hours with kids and my little sister and has never turned on them once, i just wish he would with other dogs sometimes

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;4458229

And has for the puncture wounds on the pinna (ear flap) bathe in salty … And has for the puncture wounds on the pinna (ear flap) bathe in salty water and cotton wool and keep them free from scabs.....puncture wounds heal from the inside out Hope doggy is ok x

thanks i will do, all i found to put on was sudacrem. Thanks for your help :-D

I have the same problem, my labrador has next doors dog hanging off her ears, miffs me off, but she puts up with it....wouldnt hurt a fly. Is it a black and tan dobe, or brown?

deadduck_145;4458272

thanks i will do, all i found to put on was sudacrem. Thanks for your … thanks i will do, all i found to put on was sudacrem. Thanks for your help :-D

Sodocrem is ok for when the healing has started, scabs get a little itchy later on, so rub a little on then to help remove the scabs. For a vet consulation i would charge you £14 just to see me lol .....all the best x

a doberman? I thought you were talking about a yorkie or something similar

hope he's ok though x

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;4458289

I have the same problem, my labrador has next doors dog hanging off her … I have the same problem, my labrador has next doors dog hanging off her ears, miffs me off, but she puts up with it....wouldnt hurt a fly. Is it a black and tan dobe, or brown?

black and tan but from a long line of big pedigrees so hes quite a big boy

Original Poster

bitseylango;4458299

a doberman? I thought you were talking about a yorkie or something … a doberman? I thought you were talking about a yorkie or something similar :)hope he's ok though x

lol i know, doesnt live up to his macho look! yeh he'll be fine im sure, i think he's just feeling sorry for himself whilst eyeing up my biscuits

Original Poster

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zdbhh.jpg

deadduck_145;4458252

yes i understand what you mean, im not sterotyping all the pitbulls and … yes i understand what you mean, im not sterotyping all the pitbulls and staffys as dangerous because its down to the owner. Way its trained etc. My doberman will sit for hours with kids and my little sister and has never turned on them once, i just wish he would with other dogs sometimes

I think that pitbulls are seriously dangerous creatures and rightly there are strict laws about them. I bet that LLM who has expert dog knowledge wouldn't have one in the house. Staffys are in the strange situation of having been bred as companion dogs but seen as 'hard' by some people and apparently encouraged to poor behaviour.
Hope you don't meet the brute again though and that your Doberman's ear heals fine.

DangerGod;4457801

hit it with a stick or call the police

Or Call it a Stick and Hit the Police!

send it up a large tree then get it to parachute out upon the evil attacking dog.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1853
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764048
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2023
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099

See more discussions