Found 11th Apr 2009
Does anyone know of anywhere in East Scotland where i could possibly get a free dog to very good home with a loving couple???

Pls Help

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
32 Comments

Banned

what sort of dog ?

oh dear look what i started

Original Poster

looking for maybe a lab, cocker spaniel, cross collie, that kinda thing

dogs trust

Original Poster

wickedteen;4898528

oh dear look what i started

huh? :?

cross collies are a little crazy, very hypo

Banned

crazyblondechick;4898538

looking for maybe a lab, cocker spaniel, cross collie, that kinda thing

try your police force as they ask to re home failed drugs dogs/bomb dogs from time to time , and even retired dogs :thumbsup:

Original Poster

kinda wanting a young pup jus bout a year old or something like that

Original Poster

wickedteen;4898551

how random, we honestly have been looking for hours now and only thought to put summit on here haha:-D

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;4898545

dogs trust

jus looked but nearest one is glasgow and dont really wanna travel that far

crazyblondechick;4898599

how random, we honestly have been looking for hours now and only thought … how random, we honestly have been looking for hours now and only thought to put summit on here haha:-D

In all honesty this would be the last place i would of thought of. Why not contact the local Dogs trust, independant dog shelters, the police, these are sometimes looking for civilian homes for retired dogs or dogs that are not up to the test to be used for what they want. How about trying local vets, the newspapers, or even still Guide dogs for the blind/hearing dogs for the deaf/dogs for the disabled these all need public offerings for rehoming of retired/rejected dogs.

so this is the last place you would of thought of, remember that next time your looking for something as the same could be said, this forum is for ANYTHING, but i would say more for advice.

wickedteen;4898551

I have always owned x collie's (border collie X rough collie) last one lived for 14 years - he wasnt hypo

Neither is his new replacement who is 1 years old today

Some sites:

]http//ww…htm

]http//ww…tml

]http//ww…htm

]http//ww…rg/

wickedteen;4898679

so this is the last place you would of thought of, remember that next … so this is the last place you would of thought of, remember that next time your looking for something as the same could be said, this forum is for ANYTHING, but i would say more for advice.

Do you see people wanting to be a foster parent, looking for a child on here?

Lulu'sMammy;4898708

Do you see people wanting to be a foster parent, looking for a child on … Do you see people wanting to be a foster parent, looking for a child on here?

now your being utterly ignorant

Awww theres loads on that last page :

If only i had room!

]http//ww…don

wickedteen;4898776

now your being utterly ignorant

The same could be said of you....

Wenchybev;4898780

Awww theres loads on that last page :If only i had … Awww theres loads on that last page :If only i had room!]http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/animal/1524_don

Go on Bev, one more wont hurt x

Lulu'sMammy;4898784

Go on Bev, one more wont hurt x

lol i only have 2 hands for leads

Wenchybev;4898843

lol i only have 2 hands for leads

Same but you can have double leads, so that is actually 4 dogs.....2 spaces left.....i'll get looking for ya lol

Lulu'sMammy;4898868

Same but you can have double leads, so that is actually 4 dogs.....2 … Same but you can have double leads, so that is actually 4 dogs.....2 spaces left.....i'll get looking for ya lol

4 sons, 1 grandson, 2 dogs, not forgetting oh - i couldnt cope with anymore :P

Get yourself down the RSPCA - there are plenty of dogs out there that need a good home. All our dogs have been rescues, and have led long and happy lives after being given a second chance. Far too many breeders out there, and too many people buying dogs on a 'whim' (imho of course).

Agree with the rescue shelters suggestions, my Monty (avatar) was from the RSPCA 11 years ago, he is a collie/lab cross and one of the best dogs I have ever had. We went back for another one a year later (Bitsey) and she is superb too.

Original Poster

cheers guys

Lulu'sMammy;4898708

Do you see people wanting to be a foster parent, looking for a child on … Do you see people wanting to be a foster parent, looking for a child on here?

Maybe its me thats reading it wrong, but I don't think people are hoping to get a dog off HUKD. The way I read it is that it is a quick way of getting suggestions. HUKD is often really good at that and also often very quick.

Nothing wrong with collie crosses, i have got a beautiful collie cross with a springer and he is the soppiest dog ever, he is only one and is so clever , he can ever open doors and knocks on the door to get in by banging his tail on the door. Good luck

surfbunny;4900147

Nothing wrong with collie crosses, i have got a beautiful collie cross … Nothing wrong with collie crosses, i have got a beautiful collie cross with a springer and he is the soppiest dog ever, he is only one and is so clever , he can ever open doors and knocks on the door to get in by banging his tail on the door. Good luck

Same here got a collie spaniel cross great dog not hyper at all, Rescue dog from secondchance kennels in Thornton Fife. Mind you he cost us £100 good luck with your hunt

Just had another thought when we were looking theres a rescue centre at seafield in Edinburgh as well we were kind of put off coz most were staffie cross but that was maybe just when we were looking

WoolyM;4900080

Maybe its me thats reading it wrong, but I don't think people are hoping … Maybe its me thats reading it wrong, but I don't think people are hoping to get a dog off HUKD. The way I read it is that it is a quick way of getting suggestions. HUKD is often really good at that and also often very quick.

People have had dogs on here for sale, trade, free to good home. I don't disagree with asking info on them, hence my informative post earlier in this thread, but all i did say, and i still agree with, is i dont think livestock should be for sale on this site.

Lulu'sMammy;4901524

People have had dogs on here for sale, trade, free to good home. I don't … People have had dogs on here for sale, trade, free to good home. I don't disagree with asking info on them, hence my informative post earlier in this thread, but all i did say, and i still agree with, is i dont think livestock should be for sale on this site.

Yep, I go along with that
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56552
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions