Dogs and Fireworks

Found 31st Oct 2008
Its nearly bonfire night, so just thought I would share a tip with all of the dog owners of HUKD.

We were told a few years ago by the vet to put a few drops of Bachs Natural Flower Remedies into the dogs water a few hours before you expect the fireworks to go off, and then repeat later in the evening. Or if some go off expectantly you can put a few drops straight on to their tongue as this will be absorbed quicker.

We have a dog who is TERRIFIED of fireworks, and have had really loud ones going off all night. She is laying on the couch and not bothered by them at all. In fact, she is calmer than she normally is when they arent going off!!!

Definitely works and no side effects

1. Misc
  2. Dog
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Dog
13 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.bachflower.com/images/BachProducts-All.jpg

The one with the pipette type thing in the lid is the one you get, and you can get it from supermarkets

i usaully leave my dog outside for about 15mins, you see her jumping up against the window to get back in, sort of funny.

good thread for other owners though.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff359/hukd1/strongham.jpg[/IMG]

This little guy dont like them neither!!

black gerbil1;3340880

i usaully leave my dog outside for about 15mins, you see her jumping up … i usaully leave my dog outside for about 15mins, you see her jumping up against the window to get back in, sort of funny.good thread for other owners though.

I lol'ed

My 3.5 month old labrador is hard as nails and doesn't give a gnats nuts about the fireworks!

littletiger;3341778

My 3.5 month old labrador is hard as nails and doesn't give a gnats nuts … My 3.5 month old labrador is hard as nails and doesn't give a gnats nuts about the fireworks!

my 16 year old black/grey lab/collie is the same. Never been fussed with them, get the hoover on though and he well used to run up the stairs now he slowly takes his time dragging his old bum up them.

my american pit goes mad

Thanks for the tip Kelly :thumbsup:

had a black lab a few years back. one firework night there was the biggest bloody bang right outside the window and I nearly had a heart attack. the dog lifted his head up for a second or so, then went back to sleep. must be the gundog in 'em!

Original Poster

Original Poster

Bumping this up since there are a lot of firework displays planned for tonight

Banned

Ritalin for dogs!

bug199;3342605

had a black lab a few years back. one firework night there was the … had a black lab a few years back. one firework night there was the biggest bloody bang right outside the window and I nearly had a heart attack. the dog lifted his head up for a second or so, then went back to sleep. must be the gundog in 'em!

Yep, Buddy's done that several times this weekend, even for the ones that made me jump! Gotta love a gundog!
Post a comment
@
    Text