Dolby Atmos Audio coming to xbox one

8 replies
Found 26th Oct 2016
Dolby Atmos Audio is coming to the Xbox 1s via a software update.

engadget.com/201…-s/

8 Comments

Haven't MS always said it was coming they just didn't say when, also have they set a date or just reiterated what they'd always suggested anyway?

Editor

paulj48

Haven't MS always said it was coming they just didn't say when, also have … Haven't MS always said it was coming they just didn't say when, also have they set a date or just reiterated what they'd always suggested anyway?

Early next year, probably same time as Windows 10 update in Spring.

Id like CEC to come to XBOX, its far more useful than Atmos, i really dont get why its not implemented.

haritori

Id like CEC to come to XBOX, its far more useful than Atmos, i really … Id like CEC to come to XBOX, its far more useful than Atmos, i really dont get why its not implemented.

Top cec

paulj48

Haven't MS always said it was coming they just didn't say when, also have … Haven't MS always said it was coming they just didn't say when, also have they set a date or just reiterated what they'd always suggested anyway?

Dolby Atmos support will arrive with the Windows 10 Creators Update in early 2017.

pocket-lint.com/new…one

Edited by: "shasnir" 26th Oct 2016

benjammin316

Top cec

Unsure what that means?

haritori

Unsure what that means?

All CEC means is your XBox with be **** with your home cinema. Still have nightmares of the scrapping between my Sony home cinema and my LG TV, it was like watching ping pong as I'd swap input with the Hifi remote and the TV would bounce it straight back again

Surprised Microsoft has dropped dolby digital as their defacto audio setup though... I wonder if the games will support Atmos or it will just be for Movies.

kester76

All CEC means is your XBox with be **** with your home cinema. Still have … All CEC means is your XBox with be **** with your home cinema. Still have nightmares of the scrapping between my Sony home cinema and my LG TV, it was like watching ping pong as I'd swap input with the Hifi remote and the TV would bounce it straight back again :(Surprised Microsoft has dropped dolby digital as their defacto audio setup though... I wonder if the games will support Atmos or it will just be for Movies.

It will also support games .

"Xbox One to Receive Dolby Atmos Audio for Both Games and Video Content"

segmentnext.com/201…nt/

Edited by: "shasnir" 28th Oct 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51450
    2. Win a gorgeous bundle of fair trade toys from Best Years, worth £100 @ Netm…10
    3. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    4. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55

See more discussions